ms3 assembly testing stage

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

eddy_amaya08
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: ms3 assembly testing stage

Post by eddy_amaya08 »

Ok I believe I found the issue after much troubleshooting with the diy guys and after removing q9, and q12 the led stays on solid and voltages read normal going to order new ones and install them and see if the ones I put on somehow went bad or where damaged will update once I know
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

eddy_amaya08 wrote:Ok I believe I found the issue after much troubleshooting with the diy guys and after removing q9, and q12 the led stays on solid and voltages read normal going to order new ones and install them and see if the ones I put on somehow went bad or where damaged will update once I know
Very unusual to have the same faulty transistor on both drivers. My guess is you've fitted the same wrong component on both. Have you checked D6&20 are the correct zener diodes?
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
eddy_amaya08
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by eddy_amaya08 »

Those are the orange clear looking ones right? If so those are correct there's a picture on the first page
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

eddy_amaya08 wrote:Those are the orange clear looking ones right? If so those are correct there's a picture on the first page
Can't read the markings on them. If they were the wrong voltage, it *might* account for your problems. It has to be something common to both drivers, I'd say. If you are absolutely certain there are no solder shorts anywhere, you're sort of left with the wrong components in both.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.