out put led's inop? does it matter with xpander card

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

turboe36
MS/Extra Newbie

out put led's inop? does it matter with xpander card

Post by turboe36 »

hey guy's just finishing up my ms3 board with expander card, now im having some issues getting getting led's / outputs to operate just after step 80, none of the lights are currently operational, wondering if this matter's if i plan on only using xpander card out puts, big thanks for any advise, all inputs currently operating normally, it seems like thats all i really need from the main board for the setup i plan on running, please let me know your thoughts, i'm just tired of trouble shooting and messing with super small tranistors.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: out put led's inop? does it matter with xpander card

Post by billr »

Having the LEDs inop may not be a problem, but the reason for that may cause other problems. A short someplace should be eliminated. You mentioned the "small transistors", I take you have some concern about a short there. Find out why the LEDS aren't working
turboe36
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: out put led's inop? does it matter with xpander card

Post by turboe36 »

thanks for the advise, i have checked for a short between all of the transistor's, doesn't appear to be a short. now the only led i have lit is the is d15 warm up enrichment. no led's lit on the stim board, unsure of what to check or where to head at this point.