MS1 EDIS output testing?

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mattrangerover
MS/Extra Newbie

MS1 EDIS output testing?

Post by mattrangerover »

Hi all,

First post and quite new to Megasquirt so I apologise in advance if I ask a stupid question

I have just finished building an MS1 V3.0 board to be used on a Rover V8. I bought a kit (ECU and hardware) from a supplier here in the UK (Megasquirt V8) and built the ECU up from pictures he supplied (he gives the option of a built or unbuilt ECU when you buy a kit) as well as some guidance from the MS-Extra build pages.

The ECU is wired for use with EDIS (I believe the output for this is the resistor on the proto area wired to LED D14 etc?).

My question is this, I am currently testing with a Jim Stim (as it came, no changes to jumpers or link cables fitted) and I do not see any ignition output from the ECU, also LED D14 on the ECU is lit all the time. Do I have an issue with the way I have built the board or have I simply not set something up correctly?

I have attached the MSQ that was supplied with the kit which is loaded onto the ECU for reference, I have checked through the settings and all looks correct to me, but I may have missed something.

Again, apologies if this is a stupid question, as I mentioned I'm new to all this, I think simply copying someone else's build wasn't the best move as I haven't really learnt the in's and out's of the system.

Matt