JimStim with 24/2 trigger wheel

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

JimStim with 24/2 trigger wheel

Post by jsdevel »

The documentation for JimStim shows a setting for a 24/1 trigger wheel. I'm using a high resolution trigger disk with an early 90's CAS from a Mitsubishi. What is the correct way to configure the JimStim to simulate my setup? I have cam and crank inputs configured in TunerStudio. Any help is appreciated!
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: JimStim with 24/2 trigger wheel

Post by racingmini_mtl »

If it's not in the list of supported wheel modes, you will need to use something else. With the dual toothed wheels and missing toothed wheels, it is impossible to have all the possible combinations because that is almost infinite.

So you can use another mode that is available to perform your bench tests. That will let you know that your system is working and test everything other than your specific trigger pattern. Then when you move your ECU to the car, simply set the configuration back to your actual pattern.

If this is too much of a hassle for you, you can always create your own pattern for the JimStim and upload it ti the JimStim CPU but that will require some specific hardware to do so (USB to 3.3V TTL serial cable). There is more on the web site. But this is likely more of a hassle than using a temporary pattern unless you go back and forth between bench testing and the car all the time.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsdevel »

Thanks Jean! I believe this is a 24/2 trigger disk. Perhaps I can get close enough with the 24/1 mode that's supported by the JimStim firmware?
casdiskdsm.500.jpg
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

That's a 24/1. It has only one inner window (even if it is as long as 2 outer windows) while a 24/2 would have 2 inner windows.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsdevel »

Thanks! I always appreciate your fast responses :D . Now it's time to test!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsdevel »

Jean, is it possible to test with 24/1? I'm not seeing that as a pattern here.
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsdevel »

Loaded a custom pattern as described in the docs. See http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 02&t=66817.