No RPM with hall sensor from stim

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

cir
MS/Extra Newbie

No RPM with hall sensor from stim

Post by cir »

Hi, that is my first post! :yeah!:

I have a MS v3 board and the stim v2.0.4. I intended to use hall sensor for rpm input. While assambling the MS I have followed megamanual http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/V3assemble.htm, in step 52:

"For the Hall sensor, optical sensor, coil negative terminal or points:
Jumper XG1 to XG2 on the bottom side of the PCB, near the 40 pin socket,
Jumper OPTOIN to TACHSELECT on the bottom side of the PCB, near the DB37 connector, opposite the heat sink.
Jumper TSEL to OPTOOUT on the bottom side of the PCB, near the center."

I tried to debug the problem as best as I can. I wanted to double check my setup from different source, so I have used MSExtra manual : http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/MS3baseV ... re-1.4.pdf on page 77 that is bout hall sensor I can read :RTFM: :

"a) Solder a link between VRIN and TACHSELECT
b) Solder a wire between VrOUT and TSEL"

That is a contradicting information to the one from megamanual?! :? At least to my understendment.

On the stim I have 12v pull ups, 3rd dip switch on as well as a jumper on primary tach set for squared wave. All the pot adjustments work well and get represented in the TunerStudioMS except for engine speed... I have also adjusted R56 and R52. The R52 is 12 rotations counter clock and R56 is 12 rotations counter clock and than 6 turns back. I have just an empty .msq project with default configuration. I'm geting "Not RPM synced" in red.

Any ideas what am I doing wrong? I would appriciate any help!
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: No RPM with hall sensor from stim

Post by billr »

Abandon the Megamanual. It has been obsolete for some time now, and is not being updated or corrected. Use the manuals linked to at the top of each page on these forums.