DIYPNP Bosche 55 pin cannot load firmware

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Boosted21
MS/Extra Newbie

DIYPNP Bosche 55 pin cannot load firmware

Post by Boosted21 »

Hey Ive just put together a DIYPNP board with the built in bosche 55 pin connector for my bmw m20b25 turbo and have been unable to load any firmware. I have the board powered with the diyautotune supply and is connected to my laptop via a usb-serial db9 cable. Im sure ive installed the drivers for the cable and when the MS is connected a device appears in the unknown column of my device manager, which I have changed to COM1 and 115200 width. When trying to find the ecu using the ms2_loader for windows all I get it waiting... waiting... garbled reply... waiting... and then no connection found. when using portcheck I get, COM1 Opened
115200 baud
""ying 'Q'
9600 baud
""ying 'Q'

1 valid port found.
..That doesnt help me much except for when I discount the MS from the cable COM1 is opened but theres no connection made at 115200 or 9600. Can someone please help me out here? any advice is appreciated
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: DIYPNP Bosche 55 pin cannot load firmware

Post by Matt Cramer »

First, please check if you're getting 5 volts on the VREF points with it powered up.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X