4 cyl sequential ignition - Spark C inverted?

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Wyrmidion
MS/Extra Newbie

4 cyl sequential ignition - Spark C inverted?

Post by Wyrmidion »

Hello, i'm having an interesting phenomenon in my megasquirt box. So i've done some testing in-car with my present setup.
it's got 4 LS2 truck coils and i've tested both going high and going low setting. funny thing is, either i get 3 firing, which i think is the going low, or i get 1 firing, on going high. measuring with a voltmeter i find that 3 outputs are low and one is high. i have no idea how this is possible, but changing setting reverses it, then i have 3 high and 1 low. ergo almost 5v on one and around 0.1 i think, on the other 3.
tried changing the transistor, didn't make a difference. outputs are wired the same using the built in transistor for the leds, and one built with parts on proto area.

it is prepared like in the manual for 4 spark outputs. since the circuit itself is supposed to be simple enough i'd just like to know what could possibly be wrong. all leds light up/blink when run in stim and in car. they are put in the right way around, so are the transistors.
will look into a datalog once i figure out how to do it, i'm still learning.
Thanks

billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 4 cyl sequential ignition - Spark C inverted?

Post by billr »

Post pictures of the mods made for the spark drivers.