MSLogger 3.6.5 on the Market

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

scudderfish
Helpful MS/Extra'er

MSLogger 3.6.5 on the Market

Post by scudderfish »

Thanks for all the help with this. I've just uploaded 3.6.5 to the Android Market. This is a large leap forward over the previous versions in the following areas :-

Firware Support
MSLogger now supports the following firmwares :-
Megasquirt-I B&G 2.0-3.0
JimStim format V2.0.3
MS/Extra format hr_10
MS/Extra format hr_11b
MS/Extra format hr_11d
MS1/Extra format 029y3
MS2 Extra 311 mb_v12
MS2 Extra Rel 2.0.0
MS2 Extra Rel 2.1.0
MS2 Extra Rev 1.0.2
MS2 Extra Serial310
MS2 Extra Serial312a
MS2 Extra Serial312b
MS3 Format 0095.002
MS3 Format 0214.003
MS3 Format 0221.002
MS3 Format 0225.005
MSII Rev 2.88000
MSII Rev 2.88600
MSII Rev 2.88600
MSII Rev 2.90500
MSII Rev 3.76000
MShift 2.110
MSnS-Extra Format 029q

It will automatically identify which one you are using, so you no longer have to pick it from a list. If I've missed yours, send me the INI and I'll put it in the next release.

Connection Control
The connection management code was rewritten. It is now a lot more robust with regard to what devices it can connect to on phones with interesting interpretations of the Bluetooth spec (HTC Hero, I'm looking at you). MSLogger is now better at connecting and maintaining a connection than BlueTerm.

Configuration
The app will walk you through a short wizard at start up if any vital parameters are missing, you can see screenshots of this process here

Duration
MSLogger Connection Checker now captures a log of 500 entries, up from the previous 100. This will let you play with it a bit longer before I start wanting your cash :)

You can get the Connection Checker here, and if it works for you, please consider buying the full app here.

Regards,
Dave
MSDroid More than just a dashboard.

Do you like the application? Make a donation to Cancer Research UK on our behalf http://www.justgiving.com/MSDroid/
scudderfish
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: MSLogger 3.6.5 on the Market

Post by scudderfish »

MS3 Format 0225.010 aka alpha16 will be there tomorrow.

Regards,
Dave

Do you like the application? Make a donation to Cancer Research UK on our behalf http://www.justgiving.com/MSDroid/
Nitrobanshee
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Nitrobanshee »

I get a force stop with the update, I tried with MS1 and MS2. I have been using it on a HTC EVO 4G. With the new update I can not choose a connection, im running the same BT dongle but as soon as it loads up it force closes. Ok my bluetooth was not turned on It connected fine now. This time I rebooted my phone and it connected for about 3min and started connecting and loosing it over and over. ms2extra 2.1.0P. I was doing more testing and it connected fine for 5min then I hit the menu button on my phone and it went back to connecting and loosing it over and over. I just tried it again and its working good now, im not shure whats going on.
1995 Nissan Pickup truck running Megasquirt V2.2 MSII 2.88 EDIS with a turbo.
Dyno #s 354WHP 381 Foot pounds 20 Pounds of Boost.
KA24E-t Power
scudderfish
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by scudderfish »

Nitrobanshee wrote:I get a force stop with the update, I tried with MS1 and MS2. I have been using it on a HTC EVO 4G. With the new update I can not choose a connection, im running the same BT dongle but as soon as it loads up it force closes. Ok my bluetooth was not turned on It connected fine now. This time I rebooted my phone and it connected for about 3min and started connecting and loosing it over and over. ms2extra 2.1.0P. I was doing more testing and it connected fine for 5min then I hit the menu button on my phone and it went back to connecting and loosing it over and over. I just tried it again and its working good now, im not shure whats going on.
Could you send me please the *.log files from the MSLogger directory? They give me an insight into the sequence of events that lead up to the problem. Send them to dave@mslogger.co.uk

Regards,
Dave

scudderfish
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by scudderfish »

I've just put 3.6.6 up. This has the MS3 alpha 16 support and it fixes a number of bugs in 3.6.5.

Nitrobanshee
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Nitrobanshee »

scudderfish wrote:
Nitrobanshee wrote:I get a force stop with the update, I tried with MS1 and MS2. I have been using it on a HTC EVO 4G. With the new update I can not choose a connection, im running the same BT dongle but as soon as it loads up it force closes. Ok my bluetooth was not turned on It connected fine now. This time I rebooted my phone and it connected for about 3min and started connecting and loosing it over and over. ms2extra 2.1.0P. I was doing more testing and it connected fine for 5min then I hit the menu button on my phone and it went back to connecting and loosing it over and over. I just tried it again and its working good now, im not shure whats going on.
Could you send me please the *.log files from the MSLogger directory? They give me an insight into the sequence of events that lead up to the problem. Send them to dave@mslogger.co.uk

Regards,
Dave
I looked and there is a ton of .log files im not shure which one to send.

Email sent.
1995 Nissan Pickup truck running Megasquirt V2.2 MSII 2.88 EDIS with a turbo.
Dyno #s 354WHP 381 Foot pounds 20 Pounds of Boost.
KA24E-t Power
scudderfish
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by scudderfish »

Sorry for the lack of response, I've been ill for the past few days. I'll look into this tomorrow.

Regards,
Dave