msDroid Issues?

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

aut0m4tic1
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: msDroid Issues?

Post by aut0m4tic1 »

Trev:
Just upgraded, and i'll let you know how it works. I would be happy to help with gauges. I'll get a copy of inkscape tonite. Can you send me the parameters you need the gauges to follow.
Keep up the great work!
Cory
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

I think I fluffed something when doing the update last night; it seems that 0.1a7 was still the active APK. I've properly activated 0.1a8 now. That's the version you should hopefully get updated to in the next 24 hours I guess.

I'll prepare you some information about doing the gauges. That would be absolutely awesome!
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android

93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

Trev, I just tried the latest msDroid with the ms3 pre1.2 alpha2 ini and the app just crash. I've reported the crash so hopefully you will have the stacktrace in your google play account.

PS: I'm still waiting for that email :D :lol:
1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
3400 Turbocharged Inter-cooled
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

93white3400z wrote:Trev, I just tried the latest msDroid with the ms3 pre1.2 alpha2 ini and the app just crash. I've reported the crash so hopefully you will have the stacktrace in your google play account.

PS: I'm still waiting for that email :D :lol:
Awesome, thanks Seb. Really appreciate that. I'll take a look at that ASAP. I have just checked and realised I haven't personally tested with that version of MS3 .ini yet, because the ones I've tested against have been the 1.0.x and 1.1.x release versions. Is your device the Asus Transformer? If so then I think the report I've just had in is the one you submitted.

Sorry, yes - apologies that I didn't respond yet. I know I still owe Dave an email as well. Usual poor excuse I'm afraid - trying to balance work, 11-month-old kid, wife, etc. :lol: Apologies again; I will certainly get back to you.

93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

Yup, Asus transformer TF300.

No problem about the email, just giving you a hard time :lol: :)
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
aut0m4tic1
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by aut0m4tic1 »

Trev:
Got the new upgrade and I cant get it to run. It starts but gives a force close error after about 4 seco.ds or so, I sent you a report.
I tried reinstalling and also 2 hard resets on my phone, hopefully that helps
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

Thanks for the report. I'll push out another update tonight to fix that and to fix the MS3 issue. Much appreciated!

Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

Next version, 0.1a9, is pushing now. There is still a list of fixes as long as my arm I need to do to the tuning menus but at least it should not fall over now with MS3! Thanks Seb and aut0m4tic1.

I just noticed someone report that 0.1a8 broke their MS1 high-res compatibility; if that's someone on here I'll be investigating that ASAP tomorrow.

aut0m4tic1
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by aut0m4tic1 »

Trev:
Is there any chance you can put it on your msdroid.com/builds page?
Thanks as always
Aut0m4tic1
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

Ah yep - that's uploaded there now for you.

http://www.msdroid.com/builds/msDroid_0_1a9.apk

:D

(BTW - I won't forget to put together details about the SVG stuff. To be honest, to start with if you like you could always go right ahead with doing some ideas in Inkscape anyhow without needing to worry about the special tagging of the groups, as that can be done later.)

aut0m4tic1
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by aut0m4tic1 »

Trev:
Got the upgrade. I get it to connect, reads the signature, loads and then stalls at "reading page0"
I reset my phone and still no joy. If you need me to do any other tests I would be glad to.
Thanks
Aut0m4tic1
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

Hmm, I'm not doing too well am I! Sorry about that. Which ini / MS are you using? I think you're on the latest MS2/Extra 3.2.1?

aut0m4tic1
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by aut0m4tic1 »

Trev:
I'm using the DIYPNP. Running ms2extra pre 3.3 alpho 5 gslender v2.8
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 91&t=46616

This is gslenders latest MOD firmware.
Do I need to roll back to 3.2.4?
Thanks
Aut0m4tic1
Cory
aut0m4tic1 at gmail dot com
mazdaspeed
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mazdaspeed »

hi ive been using msdroid over last couple of month and had been working good on my galaxy mini on ms1 extra 029y4 no real probs but wen i updated today it went mad and labeled alw gauges with aabbccddee or sumthing like that and keept freezing up so i had to uninstall and reinstall then it seemed to wotk ok wil test on ms tomorrow. also noticed it has no gforce or speed gauges. i also thort that gps speed was a cool idea on 1 of the first builds hint hint haha jokes
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

@aut0m4tic1: Many thanks again. Bug identified with page reading and fixed. Version 0.1a10 is now churning out of the sausage machine and is on its way up to Play. I'll also place it in the msdroid.com/builds area for you if you need it quicker. I've also bundled in ini files for MS2/Extra 3.2.4 and pre-V3.3a5 gslender V2.8.

@mazdaspeed: Sorry the latest release broke MS1 support. Unfortunately I didn't bring my MS1 CPU alway with me (I only have MS2 / MS3 daughterboards where I am at the moment) but I will be able to test again with MS1 on Thursday. Please let me know what results you have after installing 0.1a10 from Play. I would suggest ensuring that you completely delete the application including all private application data, and then do a fresh re-install from Play. If you continue to have problems, could you please confirm exactly what your setup is. I'll assume that you'll still be using 029y4 along with msDroid 0.1a10. The MS1 029y4 is actually what I used on my car for a long time (if I remember right) before it went off the road and it's what I initially developed msDroid against, so if MS1 compatibility isn't working now, I must have broken it somehow. So I'll be eager to fix it. Yes, GPS speed and so on I agree should be a standard feature so I'll bump those up the priority list.

aut0m4tic1
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by aut0m4tic1 »

Trev:
Sweet success. This is awesome! Reads the msq, goes online super fast, all data is pre-populated in the tuning dialogs and the graphs/tables follow along in real time.
I also love being able to view the datalog instantly. Made a couple changes to the tune and saw results. This is exactly the android app I've wanted.
Thanks
Aut0m4tic1
Cory
mazdaspeed
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mazdaspeed »

installed 0.1a10 would connect to Bluetooth module and find msq 029y4 msns extra then try load page 0 but would crash i sent a report also when not connected would crash in tuning menus.
I like the gauge skins tho

also what other info do you need about my setup??
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

I'm getting stuck at page 0 too (MS3 pre1.2 alpha 3) with 0.1a10.
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

@Cory, that's absolutely brilliant feedback! Glad you're pleased with it. There is a long way to go, but it's quite a milestone when the first person tells me that they're managed to use all features of just the application to actually tune a car!

@Sébastien, thanks for letting me know. This is quite strange for that to happen still with 0.1a10. I've just tried it here with that exact firmware (pre1.2 alpha 3) and it reads all pages okay. The only thing I can think of is that although it should properly support tsCanId, there is a bug which means that the ECU CAN ID must be 0. Is yours set at somesthing other than 0? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment and I'm scratching my head over this. Does it do it on every attempt to connect?

@mazdaspeed - I'm glad to say I've fixed the MS1 compatibility issue tonight, so I'll push out 0.1a11 shortly which will fix it for you.

93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

Hi Trev,

Maybe I was on the previous version yesterday because it works now. Would be cool to have an about dialog somewhere with the version :)

Bugs:
- Clicking on tacho onput in the tuning section makes the app crash (I reported that)
- Degree symbol doesn't display properly (encoding issue)

Otherwise I like it :)
MS3 v3.57+MS3X