Editing SD dashboard gauges in TS

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

walterclark1
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Editing SD dashboard gauges in TS

Post by walterclark1 »

I have two issuesthat have me ta loss:

I have created (modified from the basic analog gauge in TS) several gauges. Under the Text option I removed the Units. That looks fine in TS (nothing after the numeric value). When loaded to my tablet SD shows () where the Units would have gone. How do I get rid of that?

How can I cause an analog gauge face to change color below low critical? It works on high critical (goes red) but below low critical...nothing. This is important for things like oil pressure and battery voltage. I actually switched to analog gauges for some things because the basis readout background doesnt change color on the tablet with SD (works fine both high and low on TS).
A2 VW GTI 9A - MS3/3X
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Editing SD dashboard gauges in TS

Post by LT401Vette »

I have created (modified from the basic analog gauge in TS) several gauges. Under the Text option I removed the Units. That looks fine in TS (nothing after the numeric value). When loaded to my tablet SD shows () where the Units would have gone. How do I get rid of that?
TS started removing the this has been addressed in the SD beta.

Wait digging through it seems that if "Show value at 180 degrees" is unchecked, the ( & ) do still show on Shadow Dash.
I'll get that in the the next beta.
How can I cause an analog gauge face to change color below low critical? It works on high critical (goes red) but below low critical...nothing. This is important for things like oil pressure and battery voltage. I actually switched to analog gauges for some things because the basis readout background doesnt change color on the tablet with SD (works fine both high and low on TS).
Low critical and low warn got support in TS's Analog gauge painter not too long, that hasn't been put in SD yet.
However in TS on the low side, it does not change the face color to the critical color at low critical. There is value in that, but the trouble is it would mess up many existing dashboards. There should really be a new gauge style option added that supports that. I expect to add several gauge styles in the next beta round.

You can do something a little more convoluted like create a new OutputChannel that goes up to the point you want to color to change, then put another gauge underneath, and use transparent until the threshold. Or put an indicator that goes on when the threshold is exceeded.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
walterclark1
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Editing SD dashboard gauges in TS

Post by walterclark1 »

An indicator beind a gauge would be fine. I havent figured out how to create custom input/threshold indicators though. Is seems like I need to create an output channel with the proper threshold first then assigne that to the indicator.. I havent figured out how to create an output channel with a custom threshold. Are there tutorials or writeup on doing that?
A2 VW GTI 9A - MS3/3X