Has Shadow Dash Been Abandoned?

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

arjay
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Has Shadow Dash Been Abandoned?

Post by arjay »

I'm just curious what the status if of Shadow Dash. The last I was here people were reporting multiple instances of "Unfortunately, Shadow Dash MS has stopped." and it looks like the developer (again) abandoned another thread and left it hanging. And this is not the first time, looking through this forum seems to indicate either;

'we've never had any other user report that issue' or,
when people do come in and report the issue it's,
'we just can't seem to replicate it'.

Given the number of people experiencing the same issues over and over again, with nothing from the developer, all the abandoned posts, can we assume that Shadow Dash is now an abandoned app?
Sam280Z
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Has Shadow Dash Been Abandoned?

Post by Sam280Z »

ShadowDash is working fine for me. Are you having a particular problem you need resolved? Can you point us to the posts that outline the issues of concern?
At least to me, the developer has always seemed very responsive to peoples' problems.

Sam

Datsun 280Z
ITB
Turbo
MS3 + MS3X
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

Seriously??? 3 weeks during the busiest support season without a release and you are going to declare it abandoned.

Obviously a Troll trying to cause trouble.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
arjay
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by arjay »

LT401Vette wrote:Seriously??? 3 weeks during the busiest support season without a release and you are going to declare it abandoned.
Nope, just wondering if you're ever going to fix the myriad of issues that people have been reporting in this forum, that's all.

I don't know where you get this 'weeks' thing from. The issues I've been reporting have been going on for 4 months and longer. Do you really need me to go back through this forum and quote every post with the time & date stamp to prove my point, or to refresh your memory?

All I've heard during that time is the usual litany of excuses, some of my favourites include;

"We can't duplicate the problem"
"This issue is only effecting one person" - even though several people are reporting it in this forum and have been reporting some of them for more then a year now....

"You need to buy an ECU/Module so that the 10Hz GPS can connect to Shadow Dash" :?
Yeah, that's going to fix it....

or my personal favorite, just ask for app debug.txt file and then abandon the thread after it's been posted...
LT401Vette wrote:Obviously a Troll trying to cause trouble.
Nope, just a paying customer that bought Shadow Dash, your 10Hz GPS, and Tuner Studio Pro with the Logging option. As far as I can see, that's pretty much a full load from your store...

If you don't want to fix the product, and you don't care about your customers that bought it, or whether they can use it, why don't you stop selling it? Make it a time-limited beta and then use the feedback to create a mature product?

Every time I start it up what do I see? " "Unfortunately, Shadow Dash MS has stopped."

Can't even run it. And this, on the identical tablet to the one that you use for development & testing....and yet you can't duplicate the issue ???

You know what really gets my goat? When I go through all the trouble of tracking down , for you, whether some of these issues have been introduced by an Android update as you suggested at on point.

So I go through all the hassle of regressing my tablet back to several previous Android releases to test out that theory only to find that, after posting the results, you've once again abandoned the thread where you raised the issue!

Why waste my time?

I've offered several times to work through these issues with you in an effort to help you address them - all to no avail. Dead air. No response. You get a couple and then it's back to the abandoned thread....
LT401Vette wrote:Obviously a Troll trying to cause trouble.
Is there any other way for a paying customer to get your attention when you abandon support threads? Or is it easier to just dismiss your products problems as a post from a troll.....?

The fact is, every time I start Shadow Dash MS along with my 10Hz GPS - all bought from you, this is what happens, the app will not run, not even once, and I get this message;

"Unfortunately, Shadow Dash MS has stopped."

But yeah, you're right - that's my fault....none of this has anything to do with you. I mean, the nerve of that guy, he actually expects that he bought a product that will actually start.

You know what would be easier? Just throw Shadow Dash and the 10Hz GPS in the trash. It would be a lot less frustrating then to listen to the same old excuses.
UtahSleeper
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by UtahSleeper »

Please, if you are going to make accusations, please link the posts he has abandoned and try and word your statements better. He always seems to be on and very responsive, so I dont know why you jumped to an abandoned app instead of being straight forward and ask what has been going on with the issue.

I haven't had any issues, so this is not a issue everyone has been having.
1980 Corolla - Milla - MS2 and eventual jack of all trades.
1988 Alltrac - Fiona - All stock with a rod knock for now.
UtahSleeper
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by UtahSleeper »

Don't worry, the fixes are in the works.
Remember I generally help 20-50 people a day before a line of code is written, that takes time in itself. At times I am deeply involved in other projects and an simply can't drop that to respond to an issue effecting 1 person. There are only so many hours in a day
And he posted this in your thread, what seems like a day before your post here...........
1980 Corolla - Milla - MS2 and eventual jack of all trades.
1988 Alltrac - Fiona - All stock with a rod knock for now.
installpinto
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by installpinto »

Nope, it hasn't been abandoned. I've had it running for months with no issues.
arjay
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by arjay »

installpinto wrote:Nope, it hasn't been abandoned. I've had it running for months with no issues.
I have a really hard time believing that. From what I've seen on the development of this POS it just keeps getting worse. Long ago, KPH didn't work. People posted about it, it got fixed, and now, it's broken again. All one needs to do is look through this forum and you'll see the same pattern over and over. Never-ending licensing issues, tons of 'unfortunately Shadow Dash MS has stopped', the nearly always present issue with MPH/KPH display (for those not in the know, you choose KPH and it keeps displaying MPH). And of course, the ever-present issues with the 10Hz GPS such as needing to re-pair on a nearly continual basis.

We've heard every excuse from the developer, can't replicate it (even though he has the same tablet & sells the same GPS) to whatever. It goes on and on. One thing is certain, these problems have been present in various incarnations of Shadow Dash MS for several 'releases' now and they continue to appear/re-appear.

I mean, just as an example, how many times do we need to see the MPH/KPH issue appear & re-appear? Go digging through this forum and what you'll find is that every one of these issues has been reported long ago, patched at some point, repaired, and then the very same issues are re-introduced all over again.

Trying to use Shadow Dash MS and the 10Hz GPS is an exercise in frustration. It's garbage. That's really all that can be said about an app/product that's being sold without any coherent effort to address the MYRIAD of bugs and problems in this app.

Now, for all the people to come in and report they've been using it for years with no issues at all.....
CSXRT4
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by CSXRT4 »

I've been using it for years with no issues at all

:)