msqur.com

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

BLOZ UP
Helpful MS/Extra'er

msqur.com

Post by BLOZ UP »

Hey guys,

I've noticed it's a pain to share tune files with other people, so I made a website to do just that. It's msqur.com (a play on imgur.com, if you didn't catch it). You can upload tune files and get a link to share it with other people.

Currently it just shows the first VE Table, spark table and AFR table. You can turn coloring on/off, and it can normalize VE values for easier comparison between files. You can also sort the MAP values ascending or descending by clicking on the top left (empty) table cell (yeah, I need to add an icon). It also only works with TunerStudio generated MSQ files, and even then with certain versions. That is, there appear to be slight differences in how MSQs are saved between TS versions and I can only work on it on a case-by-case basis until I get a proper schema for each version.

I work on it only in my spare time (and even still, behind a couple other personal projects), so development is slow. I hope to work about a few hours or so a week on it, and so far I have about 10 hours or so into it. It's "usable" right now, but limited. If you know AngularJS, jQuery, PHP and would like to help out I you can contact me.

Also if you find a flaw/exploit in it and can document it I'll give you a small amount of BTC.

So try it out and let me know what you'd like to see. You should add accurate engine info for uploaded MSQ files to allow better browsing. I had a thread going on HybridZ.org but I think I'll move it here as it's more relevant in this space.
BLOZ UP
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: msqur.com

Post by BLOZ UP »

Here's the HybridZ thread.
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

There really shouldn't be a difference in the way msq's are saved between different versions of TS. It would be differences between firmware versions.
The meta data for the msq is actually in the firmware ini file.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
BLOZ UP
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by BLOZ UP »

LT401Vette wrote:There really shouldn't be a difference in the way msq's are saved between different versions of TS. It would be differences between firmware versions.
The meta data for the msq is actually in the firmware ini file.
Well, that makes a lot more sense. I was having weird issues, it might have been a MSII vs MSExtra when some of the axis tables (srpm/smap and frpm/fmap) were missing a '1' at the end. I will have to go through the INI files again, I think I missed it.
BLOZ UP
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by BLOZ UP »

I'm working on a substantial improvement/refactor. I'll call it v0.5 beta. It know reads in the appropriate INI file for an uploaded MSQ and gathers the schema from that. So now with only a little formatting help it can display a MSQ from any firmware (MS1, MS2, MS2e, etc.) that I can get an INI file for. This is much better than the hardcoded way I was parsing before.

I should release to production sometime this week.
BLOZ UP
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by BLOZ UP »

I've updated msqur.com to v0.51b. Changes:
  • Supports many MSQ files now, by using some INI configuration information.
  • A few bug fixes, error message enhancements
  • Firmware listing and engine information pulling from the MSQ
  • Shows some general settings, cranking info, timing and fuel tables. Easily expanded at this point.
  • Groups things sort of nicely.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I thought I'd give it a try by uploading one of the MSPNP base tunes to it. This is for a Toyota 4AGE.

http://msqur.com/index.php?msq=16

It would be useful to include more engine data with the MSQ, beyond just engine size and compression. A make and engine code would be a good starting point. A Mazda B6 (1.6 Miata engine) and a Toyota 4AGE are both twin cam, 16 valve, 1.6 liter motors, but their timing tables are WAY different.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
BLOZ UP
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by BLOZ UP »

Matt Cramer wrote:I thought I'd give it a try by uploading one of the MSPNP base tunes to it. This is for a Toyota 4AGE.

http://msqur.com/index.php?msq=16

It would be useful to include more engine data with the MSQ, beyond just engine size and compression. A make and engine code would be a good starting point. A Mazda B6 (1.6 Miata engine) and a Toyota 4AGE are both twin cam, 16 valve, 1.6 liter motors, but their timing tables are WAY different.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, that's planned for 1.0 or earlier. Not entirely sure how I want to ask for/organize engine details yet. I'd like to support as many engine configurations as possible (head work, intake, exhaust, etc.) but am still fiddling with how to structure it. But I can add make/engine code soon as that's not a big deal.

Also working on graphing some of the tables as the raw table layout pales in comparison to a visual.
BLOZ UP
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by BLOZ UP »

Updated to v0.60b:

-Added engine make/code to upload form.
-Added views for each msq.

Other invisible changes were configuration management and a big codebase rewrite.
BLOZ UP
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by BLOZ UP »

Update to 0.72b:
  • Update INI parsing so more files are supported, and more data is displayed (not 100% complete)
  • UI update so all this new data is slightly better organized (slide down sections)
  • Bug fixes and other minor things
Known issues:
  • MS3 support is poor
  • Constants are displayed ugly and all at once. Array constants are hard coded out.
A few more updates and I'll release it open source, as I need to move on to other things.
BLOZ UP
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by BLOZ UP »

Updated to 1.0. It is now open-source under a GPL v3 license. I still need to add library licenses and other housekeeping things, but I am going to put it on the back burner and let other people get involved unless there's enough interest.

New Features:
  • Charts for 2D Curves
Bug fixes:
  • X/Y Axes were inverted on 2D curves
  • Other minor fixes.
https://bitbucket.org/nearwood/msqur
BLOZ UP
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by BLOZ UP »

Released 1.1
  • Added basic browse categories
  • Started API work
  • Added about page
  • Moved to GitHub
russian
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by russian »

Hello from 2020. Great project, thank you for open sourcing it! Cool things should be open source :)
russian
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by russian »

We took this project bit further and apply dialog layout
Attachments
chrome_bcDgMLdZbD.png
chrome_bcDgMLdZbD.png (57.48 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
BLOZ UP
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by BLOZ UP »

Awesome. I'm glad this was useful to other people. I don't use it so much anymore. I had ideas of rewriting it with react and an API, but don't have time. Especially since I will likely not be using Megasquirt after I swap motors again.