can't get bluetooth to work

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Guitarist155
MS/Extra Newbie

can't get bluetooth to work

Post by Guitarist155 »

hello all, not sure if this would be where this post goes but I'm having some hair pulling problems with trying to make my MS3x talk over bluetooth. I have had the ms3 for a couple years and everything on it works great, however i use the usb to connect. it is running ver 1.3.3 firmware. I recently decided to try out the bluetooth with a chinese adapter and could not for the life of me get it to connect. I tried my mac laptop, windows 8 laptop, and droid phone running msdroid. both laptops pair but tuner studio cannot find the megasquirt. msdroid come up and says that it cannot figure out what megasquirt i am using, however this is also what it says when it isn't connected to a serial port at all, just power. the chinese adapter was tested with AT and named and the baud rate set to 115200.

SO after all that i decided my adapter was obviously not agreeing with my megasquirt so i ordered the pre configured one from efi analytics, still no luck though. this one is found by all the devices but once again will not allow tuner studio to see the ms3, com5 just says failed when the connection is tested and com 6 will search indefinitely and i have to shut tuner studio down. when I click detect, it fails to find any ECUs. with the efi bluetooth, msdroid just searches forever and never even says error like with the chinese module.

please help!!
Guitarist155
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: can't get bluetooth to work

Post by Guitarist155 »

I figured it out.... then hit my forehead with my palm... after probing all the serial points for loopback, i found that i never popuated c27 or c28 on the main board( two of the capacitors for the onboard rs232 chip) :oops: never noticed because i only used the onboard usb... works great now.and i have a spare bluetooth lol

maybe this can help someone else who has gone through every possible fix in software... check your hardware :lol:
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: can't get bluetooth to work

Post by Trev16v »

Glad you fixed it :)
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android