LC-2 Controller Delay in restart

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

DonMaximo
Experienced MS/Extra'er

LC-2 Controller Delay in restart

Post by DonMaximo »

I'm using an Innovate LC-2 Controller and gauge.

It's my understanding that when I KEYON, the sensor is heated and the controller goes through some form of startup and will not report an accurate reading until the sensor heats up. It seems to take ~20 seconds for the gauge to display the actual AFR.

If my engine reaches operating temperature (~180), then KEYOFF, and immediately KEYON, it takes another ~15 seconds for the Gauge and TunerStudio to report the actual AFR.

So, from my perspective, the sensor should already be at a sufficient operating temperature. Which leaves me to believe that the controller is taking ~15 seconds to "boot" up, which seems like an eternity.

When I called Innovate Tech Support and articulated this observation, they said that this is the expected behavior. I attempted to glean out more details, but the Tech could or would not provide any details and audibly became agitated, so I thanked them and moved on.

If anyone can help me understand "WHY" this delay exists, I sure would appreciate it.

I'm new to MS and while it's Cold here in Texas, I'd like to work on my WUE.

Thanks in advance,

-D

P.S. If it seems that I'm splitting hairs and/or this delay is insignificant, please shoot straight and tell me to drop the ball. I will let it go.
1992 Mustang Conv,
363" Man-o-War (8.2"Deck), Dart Pro-1,
NA, EFI Victor,
TKO600, 373 gears,
MS3-Pro
Innovate DLG-1 (dual WB O2)
Ignition LS2 coil on plug (Crank trigger+ Explorer cam sensor)
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: LC-2 Controller Delay in restart

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I would not expect any wideband O2 controller to report accurate AFR data immediately after power on no matter when it was shut down. A 15 second delay seems reasonable to me.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
kizzoalfa
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by kizzoalfa »

Hi,

based on Bosch recommendation the ramp up rate for the heater voltage must be maxiumum 0.4V/s.

If the heater control meet the sensor manufacturer requirements, we need at least min. 10s to arrive to approx. 90 -95% heater power for fastest heat up stage, but this does not mean the sensor is at operating temperature yet.

I agree with Jean and the 15s is realistic.

Attached the corresponding part from the sensor datasheet.
Névtelen.jpg
Zoltan
---------------------------------------------------------------
Alfa Romeo 75 2.0, Supercharged by Eaton M45, MS3
DonMaximo
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by DonMaximo »

Great information gents.

Educational and greatly appreciated.
1992 Mustang Conv,
363" Man-o-War (8.2"Deck), Dart Pro-1,
NA, EFI Victor,
TKO600, 373 gears,
MS3-Pro
Innovate DLG-1 (dual WB O2)
Ignition LS2 coil on plug (Crank trigger+ Explorer cam sensor)