Shadow dash custom dash question

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

brock
MS/Extra Newbie

Shadow dash custom dash question

Post by brock »

I have been using Tuner Studio v 2.0.8 ms1 with my 3.57 for about 4 years.I am switching to a Toshiba Thrive tablet and want to send over my custom dash off of my laptop.So under 'file' I clicked 'gauge cluster',then 'load/save',then 'export/save as'.
I then sent it as an attachment via email to my tablet.When I try to open the attachment it says there is no app installed to open it?
I have your registered shadow dash installed on the tablet. Thanks for the help.
kizzoalfa
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Shadow dash custom dash question

Post by kizzoalfa »

Hi,

it is well described here:

http://tunerstudio.com/index.php/manual ... ow-dash-ms

Zoltan
---------------------------------------------------------------
Alfa Romeo 75 2.0, Supercharged by Eaton M45, MS3
brock
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by brock »

Yep,read that.I cannot grasp how to do this.Sorry but can you explain this procedure for beginners.I am dumb. :lol:
aw113sgte
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by aw113sgte »

Use a file manager, move the file under the shadowdash folder. There is a dashboards folder under your project, put the file in there, overwriting one of the current .dash files.
brock
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by brock »

Ok I am using Airdroid to send dashboard file to the tablet.When I click on file in the tablet it says,"failed to open this file".
brock
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by brock »

aw113sgte wrote:Use a file manager, move the file under the shadowdash folder. There is a dashboards folder under your project, put the file in there, overwriting one of the current .dash files.
I got it.Toshiba Thrives file manager is poor so I downloaded a new one.I now have my custom dash working but I have red lines thru some of the gauges?They all seem to be functioning correctly though.??

Does it have something to do with crowding the gauges?

Sorry for the sideways pic.
kizzoalfa
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by kizzoalfa »

brock wrote:
aw113sgte wrote:Use a file manager, move the file under the shadowdash folder. There is a dashboards folder under your project, put the file in there, overwriting one of the current .dash files.
I got it.Toshiba Thrives file manager is poor so I downloaded a new one.I now have my custom dash working but I have red lines thru some of the gauges?They all seem to be functioning correctly though.??

They are not supported currently by the SW. There are lot of things I think on Phil's todo list, as I see on your screen the economy / metering fields are also one of them. As Phil promised they will be solved soon together with power moding features.

As I know Phil is busy with some other development but as promised he will come back and solve all issues with SD.

Until that time there is no better solution, choose some other value to be displayed instead of the current ones with the red lines.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Alfa Romeo 75 2.0, Supercharged by Eaton M45, MS3
brock
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by brock »

Ok? :shock:
ErnieJones
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by ErnieJones »

brock wrote:

Hi Brock;

Is that some kind of quick release bracket on the back of your tablet? If so, I'd like to hear about it. I've got a 7" tablet on my motorcycle with industrial strength Velcro and I'd love to change it into some form of quick release.
Thanks you;
Ernie