APSX D1 oxygen sensor display

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mudzuk
Helpful MS/Extra'er

APSX D1 oxygen sensor display

Post by mudzuk »

Not sure I am in the right forum here so delete if not .

I am about to retune my suzuki 1300gti as I have installed a supercharger but my second inovate mtx-l gauge has died in as many years barely used . So as I have multiple oxygen sensors and cabling I purchased some APSX D1 units on there own from wide-band . I have no need to see the gauge and in fact could not see it when driving the vehicle so did not get a display with it as it can hook straight into the megasquirt according to the web site .

However I did not think this through as I have now found out I can't calibrate the oxygen sensor as I can not see when it is in menu 6 as this is only displayed on the digital output , ie the display .

So the question is does anyone know of a away to feed the digital signal from the unit into the pc and run a simple display program so I can calibrate it .
If not I guess I will just have to buy a display and hook it up to cal the sensor . Alas I live down under in NZ so it takes weeks to get here.

Thanks
Chris
mudzuk
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: APSX D1 oxygen sensor display

Post by mudzuk »

Hopefully answering my own question . I received an email from APSX and they have updated there website , on the tech page is a software program that looks like it will do what I need . Hopefully get home this evening and give it a try , be good to get the vehicle up and running again .

Thanks
Chris
Sevindeess
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: APSX D1 oxygen sensor display

Post by Sevindeess »

Did you get this sorted. I smoked my gauge too. I downloaded the software, put the jumpers on my DB9 (is the pin out the same on the female end), I clicked "connect" it said "port opened!" and the AFR reads 0...now what? I want to calibrate this junk. Sux I have to post this on a Megasquirt forum because they have very little info about this. Not everyone lives in their moms basement building robots.

Megasquirt needs to make a good cheap wideband solution...just a simple gasoline wideband that's plug and play and calibrates through tunerstudio..that'd be too easy though.

Wideband is the biggest pain the ass. They cost 1/3 of the cost of the ECU! Sorry for the rant :( I just sick of staring at a PC. I want to burn gas.