For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

JAM
Master MS/Extra'er

shadow dash recurring problem

Post by JAM »

I have had this problem in the past, and never really figured it out-

shadow dash current release, v1.32, MS3 firmware 1.4.0

same problem repeats on samsung galaxy, and first gen nexus 7- connect/lose connection, repeat over and over- sometimes runtime data is really low

using the BT from EFI analytics, button away from connector. It will transfer data for a few seconds and then restart the connection process

see debug attached-
DeadStiff
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: shadow dash recurring problem

Post by DeadStiff »

I've had this same problem when updating the ECU firmware and the INI wasn't on the SD server for download. After manually updating the INI it would connect fine.
Last edited by DeadStiff on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MS3+X on 73 Karmann Ghia ignition only with LS2 truck coils firing in sequential, fuel next.
2333(103*70) Type 4 with DTM also sitting in living room just need exhaust.
JAM
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JAM »

Thanks for the reply, can you explain how you did this? I have tried a few things and was unsuccessful, seems that what i changed was overwritten when it tried to connect.
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

Yep... The ini you were using wasn't on the server. It is now, so try again while connected to the internet.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
DeadStiff
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by DeadStiff »

Is there any way the behavior of SD can be changed to error out instead of being stuck in a loop trying to connect?

I download the firmware zip and use root explorer to extract the ini into the SD project folder. That is the basics of it, I'll need more time to get a more detailed instructions.
MS3+X on 73 Karmann Ghia ignition only with LS2 truck coils firing in sequential, fuel next.
JAM
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JAM »

LT401Vette wrote:Yep... The ini you were using wasn't on the server. It is now, so try again while connected to the internet.
the device i tried connected right up, thanks phil
DeadStiff wrote:Is there any way the behavior of SD can be changed to error out instead of being stuck in a loop trying to connect?

I download the firmware zip and use root explorer to extract the ini into the SD project folder. That is the basics of it, I'll need more time to get a more detailed instructions.
Is it the mainController .ini ? change the name of the .ini that was in the firmware zip and place in?
when i connected after i made the change i was connected to internet and it would overwrite what i had put in- or at least thats what it would seem, wonder if i had disconnected from the internet if it would have worked?
DeadStiff
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by DeadStiff »

JAM wrote:
LT401Vette wrote:Yep... The ini you were using wasn't on the server. It is now, so try again while connected to the internet.
the device i tried connected right up, thanks phil
DeadStiff wrote:Is there any way the behavior of SD can be changed to error out instead of being stuck in a loop trying to connect?

Is it the mainController .ini ? change the name of the .ini that was in the firmware zip and place in?
when i connected after i made the change i was connected to internet and it would overwrite what i had put in- or at least thats what it would seem, wonder if i had disconnected from the internet if it would have worked?
Looks like you understand how to update the ini. I've had no trouble updating the ini while connected to the internet. SD will only look to the internet to download the ini if the signature doesn't match.