Logging software for Linux

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

maddis
MS/Extra Newbie

Logging software for Linux

Post by maddis »

Hi,

I have Megasquirt in my car driving injectors and ignition. I'm now making dash that is being driven by Linux powered single board computer.

I've been using Tunerstudio to log and Megalogviewer to analyze and generate new Fuel maps and it's been working great. Problem is that using laptop for logging is not really ideal. That's why I was thinking that I'll use the dashboard computer also to log the data and then later analyze the data with Megalogviewer.

I tried to search for Linux based loggers for Megasquirt, but couldn't find any. Are there any available?

Other, maybe even better, alternative would be to find description of the log file format that for example Tunerstudio creates and that can be imported to Megalogviewer. For that I find some very high level descriptions, but at least I couldn't figure out how to actually generate the file with all the parameters. I did find document describing the serial protocol needed to talk to Megasquirt so that's not a problem. Is there more detailed description on file format needed for Megalogviewer?