Introducing RealDash

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

BigBlockMopar
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Introducing RealDash

Post by BigBlockMopar »

Any chance one can see the debug logfile in RealDash somewhere?
Trying my first attempt at connecting my iPad through a Hi-Link serial/wifi adapter (HLK-RM04) but can’t see where or what goes wrong.
Daily driver: 1973 Dodge Dart - 360ci engine - 11.3:1cr - MS3x - ignition only. 42RH/A500 OD+LU transmission / 3.23 gears
--------------
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BigBlockMopar
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

BigBlockMopar wrote:Any chance one can see the debug logfile in RealDash somewhere?
Trying my first attempt at connecting my iPad through a Hi-Link serial/wifi adapter (HLK-RM04) but can’t see where or what goes wrong.
No sorry. The log file may contain information that is under NDA. In case of Megasquirt it does not, since protocol is publicly available, but better safe than sorry. Please use the 'Upload to developers' option so we can take a look.
BigBlockMopar
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by BigBlockMopar »

Ok. Since this was my first attempt I didn't want to start nagging you guys rightaway. :D
I'll have to find a way to figure out first if the WiFi-adapter makes any connection to the MegaSquirt ecu at all.
Daily driver: 1973 Dodge Dart - 360ci engine - 11.3:1cr - MS3x - ignition only. 42RH/A500 OD+LU transmission / 3.23 gears
--------------
edgedj
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by edgedj »

I'm getting there with my Sunbeam Stiletto dash re-creation. I think I've just stumbled on a display glitch however, has anyone seen this before? It's the 90 degree line coming from the needle on my RPM gauge. I've been working away on adding tinyIOx to my setup and got it working tonight, the idea being that tinyIOx will monitor dashboard inputs for fuel level, main beam, headlights, indicator and these drive the things you'd expect on the realdash.
Screenshot_2018-02-19-23-33-56.png
Screenshot_2018-02-19-23-33-56.png (765.02 KiB) Viewed 8299 times
edgedj
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by edgedj »

Just seeing if I can attach the offending gauge needle

hmm, later edit. On uploading this picture I can see that the orange of the needle touches on the right hand side but not the left, maybe this is what is bleeding out?
Large needle.png
Large needle.png (6.51 KiB) Viewed 8296 times
edgedj
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by edgedj »

BigBlockMopar
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by BigBlockMopar »

Nice job!
--------------
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

SOLVED
It seems the editor adds a space when switching to the last field, so 192.168.10.1 becomes 192.168.10. 1, which doesn't parse right. This is reproducible on my Galaxy S8 running Oreo.

Realdash now works fine with the wifi adapter.
I picked up a usconverters serial to wifi adapter, works great with shadowdash, but realdash will not connect using same settings.

Any tips/tricks ?
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

piledriver wrote:SOLVED
It seems the editor adds a space when switching to the last field, so 192.168.10.1 becomes 192.168.10. 1, which doesn't parse right. This is reproducible on my Galaxy S8 running Oreo.

Realdash now works fine with the wifi adapter.
I picked up a usconverters serial to wifi adapter, works great with shadowdash, but realdash will not connect using same settings.

Any tips/tricks ?

Sorry for the late reply. Again, for some reason I'm not getting the notification emails.

I Added the automatic removal of whitespace in IP address text for next release. I do not have usconverters serial to WiFi adapter to test. Could you send us a debug log from RealDash?
CMillet86
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by CMillet86 »

It would be great to be able to data log through this. I can't log internally with my Micro on my bike.
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

CMillet86 wrote:It would be great to be able to data log through this. I can't log internally with my Micro on my bike.
RealDash full version contains data logging feature. You can enable it by tap and hold to open Quick Menu and tap 'Datalogging' button. In settings you can select the datalog file format.
JoseMiguel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JoseMiguel »

Hello janimm

First of all, this post to let you know how much I enjoy using your app

My buddy has an android tablet in which he is trying to use the app. App seems to work fine, but we have a very small issue:

As you know, when you configure a megasquirt car, you have to select an ini file from the device. For some reason, when we tap on the option to select the ini file, the file explorer only shows folders, pictures and videos, nothing else.

This is the only device that I know this has happened.

Any workaround is welcome

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Try to install another file manager, or Dropbox app. Option to use another file manager should then appear when you import the ini file.

Hope this helps.
JoseMiguel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JoseMiguel »

janimm wrote:Try to install another file manager, or Dropbox app. Option to use another file manager should then appear when you import the ini file.

Hope this helps.
No sir, that did not work. I tried a few other file managers, and it still shows and filters only multimedia files when opening using RealDash

strangely though, the integrated file manager from the tablet shows all kind of files when opening it outside the app

any more ideas are welcome

best regards
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Hard to say, obviously that has not happened to us, but anything can happen in Android world. I would need to get exactly the same kind of device for testing. Can you share the device make and model?
sturgeo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sturgeo »

Do I need to purchase the full version before the ECU specific inputs appear?
I’ve tried importing the ms3 ini file on all 3 platforms and can’t see any of the generic sensors or CAN inputs :?
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

No need for a full version. You need to connect to your ecu once before Ecu specific inputs appear on the list.
dwest12387
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by dwest12387 »

edgedj wrote:finished product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sufw2lfK_Ug
Do you have a thread on doing this? I ask because I am very interested in integrating something similar into my Nova
dominic
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by dominic »

Someone know if is it possible to get data from more than one source?
For example I'd like to get data from MS (bluetooth) and Arduino (USB).
I asked to RealDash support and they said that is possible by CAN, but how can I open two connection at the same time?

Thanks a lot!
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

dominic wrote:Someone know if is it possible to get data from more than one source?
For example I'd like to get data from MS (bluetooth) and Arduino (USB).
I asked to RealDash support and they said that is possible by CAN, but how can I open two connection at the same time?

Thanks a lot!
It is actually simpler than that. Just create 2 connections in the Garage, another for Megasquirt and another for your Arduino.