Introducing RealDash

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Introducing RealDash

Post by janimm »

- 1.0.9 is out now for Android. iOS will follow shortly.

We also released our first Premium dashboard. Here's a preview video:
https://youtu.be/zuo6h7RMSuA

1.0.9 New features:
* Support for Android running on x86 processors.
* Option to change UI color scheme.
* Round gauge autoscaling has option to disable segment lines.
* Max number of text-digits can be adjusted for round gauge autoscaling.
* Axis gauge has an option to show history tail.
* Axis gauge has an option to show ABS MAX value as text.
* Recently used colors can now be cleared.
* Added option to adjust text gauge character spacing.
* Keyboard shortcut: 'Numpad -' brings gauge backwards.
* Keyboard shortcut: 'Numpad +' brings gauge forward.
* Keyboard shortcut: 'Shift + Arrow keys' change size of selected gauges.

Bug fixes:
* Lap timer performance is now better if multiple lap timer gauges are used.
* Lap timer "last 5" gauge colors fixed.
* Stopwatch, Lap timer "last 5", and Lap timer combo can now cast shadow.
* Graph gauge min/max display number of decimals can now be adjusted.
* Fixed button gauge not being attached to input value after re-loading dashboard.
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

dont understand HOW I could miss this great app!???

Will try it tomorow on my 1000hp mercedes
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

Just wondering if it gonna be possible to choose Generic sensors inputs to the dash?
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

PUMPISH wrote:Just wondering if it gonna be possible to choose Generic sensors inputs to the dash?
Yes it is, you need to import the Megasquirt ini file manually into RealDash settings. After ini file has been imported, the input value category "Megasquirt Imported" will contain generic sensors.
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

janimm wrote:
PUMPISH wrote:Just wondering if it gonna be possible to choose Generic sensors inputs to the dash?
Yes it is, you need to import the Megasquirt ini file manually into RealDash settings. After ini file has been imported, the input value category "Megasquirt Imported" will contain generic sensors.
Thanks!

Then I am wondering one more thing.
I bought full version yestarday but I can stil not change the gauges scale.
I use bluechome and for expl the sstock boost gauge goes only up to 1.5 bar and I am trying to to set 400kps (3bar) but nothing happenes.
Even If i try to change spark gause to voltage hathing happens eather
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

PUMPISH wrote:I use bluechome and for expl the sstock boost gauge goes only up to 1.5 bar and I am trying to to set 400kps (3bar) but nothing happenes.
Even If i try to change spark gause to voltage hathing happens eather
You are not the only one confused about this. Most default dashboards have number-scales "burnt-in" into gauge background image. The reason for this was to make gauges look unique.

There is a autoscaling feature in needle gauges, which will draw the number-text dynamically on top of gauge background. Try making new dashboard, and add new needle gauge. Autoscaling is enabled by default for new needle gauges.

Also, gauge value range is independent of its needle movement. To adjust range of the gauge, in edit mode:

1. Select gauge
2. Tap "Input & Values" on top menu
3. Adjust range, warning, and critical levels to your liking. Tap OK.
4. Tap "Look'n Feel" on top menu
5. Select 'special', and adjust needle movement angles and autoscaling parameters.

It is bit more complex than most of the users have used to, but in exchange it allows to create very complex dashboards.

I recommend using the free Windows editor to create dashboards. When done, just copy the .rd file into your device and open it thru the gallery.

Free Windows editor can be downloaded from dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fa1r6xigbezd ... tqaWa?dl=0
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

thanks!.

About to loading ini file for more megasquirt value.

Tell me If i am doing right, computers is not my strongerst part.

I go to tunes studio studio ---> My car ---> ProjectCfg and copy maincontroller ini file.
Then go to tablet, files ---> realdash ----> then I have 2 maps there Custompids and datalogs.

Where should I put the ini file?

Thanks
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

PUMPISH wrote:Where should I put the ini file?
In sdcard/RealDash is just fine, but you can put it anywhere you like.

After you have copied the ini file:

1. Open RealDash->Settings from top menu
2. Next to "Data Source" button should read "Megasquirt". If not, tap the "Data Source" button and select Megasquirt
3. Now on the right you have button "Import ini file", tap that and select the ini file you copied to the device.
4. Tap 'OK' button to close settings.
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

janimm wrote:
PUMPISH wrote:Where should I put the ini file?
In sdcard/RealDash is just fine, but you can put it anywhere you like.

After you have copied the ini file:

1. Open RealDash->Settings from top menu
2. Next to "Data Source" button should read "Megasquirt". If not, tap the "Data Source" button and select Megasquirt
3. Now on the right you have button "Import ini file", tap that and select the ini file you copied to the device.
4. Tap 'OK' button to close settings.

Great now I could import data source from the megasquirt, great!

But stil have problem with a gauges. Downloaded those filesin dropbox and cant open the editor.
And cant change title and scales on the gauges in the bluechrome.
I must do something wrong
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Scales and titles in "Bluechrome" example are drawn integrally into gauge backgrounds. They cannot be changed unless you draw another background and import that into the dashboard.

There are 2 zip packages in dropbox:

- RealDash-dashboard-resources.zip contains the graphics files we have used for free/example dashboards. It is not required to run the editor.
- RealDash-editor-v109-win32.zip contains the editor application for Windows

To start the editor:
1. Download RealDash-editor-v109-win32.zip from dropbox
2. Go to your computer "Downloads" folder and double click the RealDash-editor-v109-win32.zip file
3. Select the folder inside the zip file and copy it (ctrl+c)
4. Paste (ctrl+v) the folder from zip file into any folder you like. Desktop works fine too.
4. Open the folder you just pasted and double click the "RealDash.exe"

Windows 7 or newer is required to run the Windows editor. Also, your graphics drivers must be up to date (for OpenGL support).
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

janimm wrote:Scales and titles in "Bluechrome" example are drawn integrally into gauge backgrounds. They cannot be changed unless you draw another background and import that into the dashboard.

There are 2 zip packages in dropbox:

- RealDash-dashboard-resources.zip contains the graphics files we have used for free/example dashboards. It is not required to run the editor.
- RealDash-editor-v109-win32.zip contains the editor application for Windows

To start the editor:
1. Download RealDash-editor-v109-win32.zip from dropbox
2. Go to your computer "Downloads" folder and double click the RealDash-editor-v109-win32.zip file
3. Select the folder inside the zip file and copy it (ctrl+c)
4. Paste (ctrl+v) the folder from zip file into any folder you like. Desktop works fine too.
4. Open the folder you just pasted and double click the "RealDash.exe"

Windows 7 or newer is required to run the Windows editor. Also, your graphics drivers must be up to date (for OpenGL support).
I did allt that and when I double click to realdash,exe then it ask me If I wanna run it on my computer. I set YES RUN and then the window just gone and nothing happens
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

PUMPISH wrote:I did allt that and when I double click to realdash,exe then it ask me If I wanna run it on my computer. I set YES RUN and then the window just gone and nothing happens
It sounds like not all files are extracted from zip, or your computer does not have the drivers to run the app. Is there 10 files total in same folder with RealDash.exe?

Would it be possible for you to ask somebody to help you to get started with the editor?

We have had no time to package the Window editor into the installer that would make sure that all the dependencies are installed with it. We offer the editor like 'extra' feature to RealDash, and once you get it running it is much easier to create dashboards with. Hopefully someday we will have an installer for it to make it easier get started.
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

janimm wrote:
PUMPISH wrote:I did allt that and when I double click to realdash,exe then it ask me If I wanna run it on my computer. I set YES RUN and then the window just gone and nothing happens
It sounds like not all files are extracted from zip, or your computer does not have the drivers to run the app. Is there 10 files total in same folder with RealDash.exe?

Would it be possible for you to ask somebody to help you to get started with the editor?

We have had no time to package the Window editor into the installer that would make sure that all the dependencies are installed with it. We offer the editor like 'extra' feature to RealDash, and once you get it running it is much easier to create dashboards with. Hopefully someday we will have an installer for it to make it easier get started.

Yes its 10 files total
thanks
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Sorry it did not work out for you. One more thing you could try is to right click the 'RealDash.exe' and select 'Run as a Administrator'. Otherwise please ask somebody to take a look if your graphics drivers are up to date.

Could you share your computer info?

- Windows version (7,8,8.1,10, home, pro, 32 or 64bit)?
- Installed Graphics adapter name?
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

janimm wrote:Sorry it did not work out for you. One more thing you could try is to right click the 'RealDash.exe' and select 'Run as a Administrator'. Otherwise please ask somebody to take a look if your graphics drivers are up to date.

Could you share your computer info?

- Windows version (7,8,8.1,10, home, pro, 32 or 64bit)?
- Installed Graphics adapter name?
I will do it as soon as I am back home tonight.

One more thing, I just tryed to run realdash on my car but it can not be connected. It trying to cennect every 10 sec but with no luck.

No problem to connect MSdroid or Shadow dash but no connection with a Realdash.

I activated blue tool devise.

Thanks
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

PUMPISH wrote:One more thing, I just tryed to run realdash on my car but it can not be connected. It trying to cennect every 10 sec but with no luck.
One thing that could cause this is that you have another app running on the background that is connecting to same bluetooth device. Also double check that in settings your bluetooth device name is shown next to the "Data Connection" button.

If you have MS3, you can also try to connect with USB cable. Just change the connection type from settings ("Data Connection" button).
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

janimm wrote:
PUMPISH wrote:One more thing, I just tryed to run realdash on my car but it can not be connected. It trying to cennect every 10 sec but with no luck.
One thing that could cause this is that you have another app running on the background that is connecting to same bluetooth device. Also double check that in settings your bluetooth device name is shown next to the "Data Connection" button.

If you have MS3, you can also try to connect with USB cable. Just change the connection type from settings ("Data Connection" button).

I run MS3X
No other apps running at the same time.

I have no problem to cennect shadow dash and MSdroid and I tryed both with a phone and tablett but no luck with Realdush.
Right now I dont have a adapter to connect to usb.

By the way my computer what i was trying to install editor is:

Windows 7 premium
Intel (r) core TM i5-3350 CPU 330GHz
RAM 8gb
64 bit operative system

thanks
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Your computer probably has Intel graphics chip. Ask somebody to update the drivers and the editor will run.

Honestly; I do not know why RealDash is not connecting to your ECU. The bluetooth connectivity has been very reliable and fast to connect, but in your case something is wrong. Maybe you have accidently prevented the permissions for the app or something. Don't know. I can refund your full version purchase if you like?
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

janimm wrote:Your computer probably has Intel graphics chip. Ask somebody to update the drivers and the editor will run.

Honestly; I do not know why RealDash is not connecting to your ECU. The bluetooth connectivity has been very reliable and fast to connect, but in your case something is wrong. Maybe you have accidently prevented the permissions for the app or something. Don't know. I can refund your full version purchase if you like?
no thanks I dont need money back, its not so muck anyway.

I just neew to get it work, we making a movie and soon its getting cold and rainso we can no longer run with a slicks.
Your app is the only app that show metric KM/H and I realy need it.
MSdroid and shadow dash has no metric speed right now.

If I pay you maybe you can add some gauge to the bluechrome so I can download?
Then I will by the usb adapter tomorow

thanks
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

PUMPISH wrote:but I can stil not change the gauges scale.
This left me wondering and I did some tests. Indeed, current version has something strange going on while entering text into gauge ranges.

On previous update, we added the 64bit arm support along with the x86 support for Android build. We use very old 32bit Android device as a test device. Its usually a good thing; if something runs on that, it will definitely run on newer devices also. But now, the 64bit arm version contains a bug that makes float-to-text conversions to fail. And indeed, when run on newer device, inputting new values to gauge range caused wrong values to appear into text boxes. This may have seem very confusing indeed.

I fixed the problem and uploaded new version into Google Play. Please update.