Introducing RealDash

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Introducing RealDash

Post by janimm »

PUMPISH wrote:If I pay you maybe you can add some gauge to the bluechrome so I can download?
I can make you a modification to bluechrome dashboard - for free, but I cannot do it this week. We are launching PDSX-1 with RealDash in a Car Show this weekend. I have to work like a horse to make everything ready for it. I think I can help you next week, if it is not too late then.

You can send me an email and list what gauges you would like to have on your dashboard. Also, we can continue troubleshooting bluetooth connection issues over email: contact@napko.fi
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

janimm wrote:
PUMPISH wrote:If I pay you maybe you can add some gauge to the bluechrome so I can download?
I can make you a modification to bluechrome dashboard - for free, but I cannot do it this week. We are launching PDSX-1 with RealDash in a Car Show this weekend. I have to work like a horse to make everything ready for it. I think I can help you next week, if it is not too late then.

You can send me an email and list what gauges you would like to have on your dashboard. Also, we can continue troubleshooting bluetooth connection issues over email: contact@napko.fi

Sounds great! I will add some gauges in paint and email the picture to you.

By the way i tryed with usb cable today but its the same thing, it finds the ecu and try to reconnect every 5 seconds but never get connected

thanks
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Here's a super quick modification to bluechrome example dash to use dynamic scaling on boost gauge:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zrbpvlxa9r0y ... 2PDna?dl=0

Its not the prettiest, but it works.

Regarding the connectivity issue. Could you please try one more time without imported ini file? Go to settings->Import ini file, and go back in file dialog without selecting ini file. That will clear the selected ini file.
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

janimm wrote:Here's a super quick modification to bluechrome example dash to use dynamic scaling on boost gauge:

Regarding the connectivity issue. Could you please try one more time without imported ini file? Go to settings->Import ini file, and go back in file dialog without selecting ini file. That will clear the selected ini file.

I tryed to clear selected ini file and now I have connect and it works but no longer MS3X values to choose

Thanks
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Ok, could you send me your ini file to: contact@napko.fi. I'll take a look whats wrong with it.
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

janimm wrote:Ok, could you send me your ini file to: contact@napko.fi. I'll take a look whats wrong with it.
I reloaded ini file and now it actueally works!
thanks
WestfieldMX5
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by WestfieldMX5 »

just downloaded the ios app on my 9.7" ipad pro. The app crashes when I select
- gallery - import dashboard
- import ini file
- edit the standard dash and don't save it

mind you, I have no wifi connector yet so I haven't connected the ipad to the Megasquirt yet.
2016 Westfield SEiW MX5 1.8 - 6sp - Torsen - MSM turbo - MS3 Pro - 2.3kg/hp
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

PUMPISH wrote:I reloaded ini file and now it actueally works!
:thumb:

Here's a preview of second Premium dashboard for RealDash, Classic Red:
https://youtu.be/aB8haMzouss

Dashboard features:
* Classic, easy to read gauges
* 5 predefined pages with different layouts
* Easy to create new pages and re-arrange the gauges
* Warning light indicators for RPM and coolant temperature
* All gauges are created with dynamic value ranges, modifications are easy.
* Metric and US scaled versions available.
* Contains ready-configured gauges:
** RPM
** Speed
** Coolant temperature
** Gear indicator
** Battery voltage
** Boost/Vacuum
** Air-Fuel ratio
** Intake air temperature
** Spark Advance
** Analog clock
** Map
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

WestfieldMX5 wrote:just downloaded the ios app on my 9.7" ipad pro.
There is an update pending for Apple review. It should be available within couple of days. Let me know if you still have problems after the update. Thanks.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

did you get the x86 support bundled in to the new one that went on to the play store?
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Yes, x86 support is included in current version.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

for some reason its still showing as incompatible with my device and i cant download it through the play store.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Go to Settings->Apps->All Apps, find Play Store there, clear its data and cache, do the same with Play Services and check if solves the issue.

Meanwhile, I will upload the APK to dropbox for you.
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

WestfieldMX5 wrote:just downloaded the ios app on my 9.7" ipad pro. The app crashes when I select
- gallery - import dashboard
- import ini file
- edit the standard dash and don't save it

mind you, I have no wifi connector yet so I haven't connected the ipad to the Megasquirt yet.

Apple had revoked the iCloud "entitlements" on last update, and iCloud integration needed to be re-attached to the app. That was the reason for crash relating to file dialog operations.

Thank you for letting me know. Problem would have been in next release too without me knowing about this.
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

janimm wrote:Here's a super quick modification to bluechrome example dash to use dynamic scaling on boost gauge:

Sorry but where should I upload this file?

Thanks!
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

PUMPISH wrote:Sorry but where should I upload this file?
You mean the modified bluechrome dashboard? Copy it anywhere on your Android device, and use RealDash Gallery->Load from file.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

janimm wrote:Go to Settings->Apps->All Apps, find Play Store there, clear its data and cache, do the same with Play Services and check if solves the issue.

Meanwhile, I will upload the APK to dropbox for you.
for some reason my device was being recognised as a nexus 7 and play does not like it.
mrpham
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mrpham »

Thanks for developing this app for Android :) Just want to test a few more things before I upgrade to the premium version.

Am I correct in assuming that I will need to copy the contents of my custom.ini file from TunerStudio to mainController.ini, than import the single .ini file into RealDash? I have a couple of custom sensors I would like to use.
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

You are welcome. Thanks for trying it.

True, currently separate custom.ini is not supported. This has been in my todo list for some time, but right now I'm occupied by pushing Windows 10 version into the store.

Meanwhile, you can try to include your custom ini into main ini file, don't see any reason why it would not work that way.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

PUMPISH wrote:One more thing, I just tryed to run realdash on my car but it can not be connected. It trying to cennect every 10 sec but with no luck.

No problem to connect MSdroid or Shadow dash but no connection with a Realdash.
it does seem like the latest version does not connect as well as previous versions for me as well.