Per Gear Compensation - Closed Loop Boost Tuning

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

chris_brathwaite
MS/Extra Newbie

Per Gear Compensation - Closed Loop Boost Tuning

Post by chris_brathwaite »

Hi is anyone working on a per gear compensation to make the wastegate stay closed longer in lower gears? Boost builds later in lower gears and the closed loop table values have already started being used for initial values.

attached datalog for the example.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Per Gear Compensation - Closed Loop Boost Tuning

Post by nathaninwa »

Post the tune file as well. Which firmware are you on?

My 2j car won't make commanded boost from a dig even with 100%dc. But from a 2000 roll in third gear it'll make 32psi by 4200rpm
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
chris_brathwaite
MS/Extra Newbie

tune file is attached. i am building low boost maybe i need to increase rpm and retard. i figure it was unrelated. i will change t4 manifold gasket and retest.

firmware 1.5 currently
Last edited by chris_brathwaite on Thu May 25, 2017 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

I'm missing something; MS3 1.5 (and a few iterations earlier, IIRC) has per gear boost limits which aren't being used in your msq. I also noticed your target table is filled with 190kPa, but your bias table goes up to 270kPa, which is also your overboost protection setting. Unless I misunderstand how this works, the solenoid DC won't go past 47% @ 4500rpm, and will actually drop as the revs build if boost hasn't reached a level that will engage closed loop. The highest duty value in the bias table is 58%, but your 'Maximum Duty(%)' in 'Boost Control Settings' is 100%; assuming the bias table was generated according to the instructions, reducing the Max Duty number may improve responsiveness (it doesn't waste time trying to move the solenoid to higher DC%).
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
chris_brathwaite
MS/Extra Newbie

dontz125 wrote:I'm missing something; MS3 1.5 (and a few iterations earlier, IIRC) has per gear boost limits which aren't being used in your msq. I also noticed your target table is filled with 190kPa, but your bias table goes up to 270kPa, which is also your overboost protection setting. Unless I misunderstand how this works, the solenoid DC won't go past 47% @ 4500rpm, and will actually drop as the revs build if boost hasn't reached a level that will engage closed loop. The highest duty value in the bias table is 58%, but your 'Maximum Duty(%)' in 'Boost Control Settings' is 100%; assuming the bias table was generated according to the instructions, reducing the Max Duty number may improve responsiveness (it doesn't waste time trying to move the solenoid to higher DC%).

per ger compensation is different to boost by gear.

the boost bias is for per demanded boost target.....e.g 190 kpa.