ShadowDash 1.6 Not Displaying KPH Values

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

VcrMiata
Helpful MS/Extra'er

ShadowDash 1.6 Not Displaying KPH Values

Post by VcrMiata »

I am running SD 1.6.04 on MS 3 1.5.1 firmware.

I am selecting Sensor Inputs 2 -> VSS1 which is configured in mainController.ini as:
vss1 = scalar, U16, 336, { bitStringValue( prefSpeedUnits , prefSpeedUnits ) }, { msToPrefUnitsScale }, 0.0

and prefSpeedUnits is set to KPH (from Advanced -> Speed and Gear Sensors page in TunerStudio).

Shadow dash always displays the speed in MPH (i.e. my dash and TunerStudio show 60, ShadowDash shows 37)

To eliminate any inconsistencies, I re-copied the dashboard, projectCfg files and CurrentTune.msq from TunerStudio to ShadowDash. This has not changed the display values - which continue to show MPH.

As a workaround, I'll try setting up custom.ini to process the value.
sschutte
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: ShadowDash 1.6 Not Displaying KPH Values

Post by sschutte »

Did you set Vehicle Speed Units to KPH (Preferences > Readout Preferences) ?

Please attach or email the dashboard file and mention the gauge name so we can look at what output channel the gauge is using.

P.S. I am working on making all the units and perf & economy stuff configurable from within Shadow Dash right now.
VcrMiata
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by VcrMiata »

Yes, Preferences->Vehicle Speed Units has the KPH radio button selected.

The dash of interest is basically another instance of the one provided in the Share Log email provided for the "Shadow Dash 1.6 Not Saving Dashboard Changes" thread (which also presents the issue).

The failing dashboard was extracted from TunerStudio (to ShadowDash) and showed MPH and the one I attached to this thread is the same one but after I manually reselected the gauge to force Sensor Inputs 2 -> VSS1 (using ShadowDash) - which also continues to show MPH values . The gauge of interest now has the "Vehicle Speed" title in the upper left.

ShadowDash is running on a Samsung Tab S2 tablet.
Attachments
dashboard_0_landscape.dash
Failing Dashboard
(356.18 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
sschutte
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by sschutte »

I was able to reproduce this behavior on my bench setup. This issue is on the list to be fixed in the next release. The workaround is to use the tsVehicleSpeedKph output channel as it forces the output to the desired units. I have attached an updated dash that should work for you.
Attachments
dashboard_tsVehicleSpeedKph.dash
(356.19 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
VcrMiata
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by VcrMiata »

Thanks sschutte.

I downloaded and will try out tomorrow morning.

Tony
VcrMiata
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by VcrMiata »

The tsVehicleSpeedKph works.

From what I can tell, this is just the GPS speed attribute but it's good for now; response is 1hz.
Looking forward for your next release.

Note: I may need to log another issue. When I'm not connected to Wi-Fi, sometimes Shadow dash reverts to demo mode. And once I return home and restart shadowdash it sorts itself out again. This has happened 2 or 3 times - i.e works fine when I leave home (while connected to wifi) but flips to demo mode and asks to buy when I restart on the way home (without wifi). I nèed to troubleshoot a bit.