gm iac idle suport

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

magaiverbrasil
Helpful MS/Extra'er

gm iac idle suport

Post by magaiverbrasil »

Anyone know if this dc iac idle works with some version of megasquirt?

atuador.jpg
Vw Santana AP 2.0 - MSII PCB3.0 Extra 3.2.1
Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: gm iac idle suport

Post by Paul_VR6 »

Looks like a 4 wire stepper, which is supported by everything but micro
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!
ironwill11
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ironwill11 »

What year GM is that from? It doesn't look like either of the 4 wire steppers that I am used to seeing.
magaiverbrasil
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by magaiverbrasil »

astra G 1999 - 2002
astra h 2003 - 2005
vectra b

is not stepper, is dc motor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-wZn_pphD8
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

What are the other two connector pins for, a limit switch? I wish I could see more views of the cover and where the electrical connections go. Do you have a schematic of that IAC valve? No, I did not have sound on when viewing the video. I didn't want to bother my wife who was nearby, and figured it wasn't in English, so I wouldn't understand what was being explained.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

billr wrote:What are the other two connector pins for, a limit switch?
Or possibly for reversing the motor???

Ken

comprende poquito espanol........ certainly not enough to follow the video
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
rukavina
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by rukavina »

Potentiometer? Center pins . I would think that's the only way to get position reference.
4wheel drive 454 vortec on ms2 w/gpio for 4l80e Trans control
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

rukavina wrote:Potentiometer? Center pins . I would think that's the only way to get position reference.
Agreed, but odd that it doesn't have three pins for the pot - that's the more normal approach.

Short answer - no, servo motors aren't supported in current Megasquirt ECUs.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
magaiverbrasil
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by magaiverbrasil »

The other two connector pins , is a limit on/off switch !!!
rukavina
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by rukavina »

Just for the sake of debate and general curiosity.... if it was an on/off limit (and I am not arguing, I have never seen that valve) it would not be idle speed control due to motor would go full open and stop- full close and stop. In that scenario it could do high/low idle and that's it.
As with a pot I have hooked them up 2 wire. One to the sweep arm and one to one side of the resistive medium and you can get adjustable values
4wheel drive 454 vortec on ms2 w/gpio for 4l80e Trans control
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

Just a thought, why not ohm test the leads and see what is connected to what. I would guess that if it is just a right angle idle air control valve it will still the same wiring connections as the standard inline valves. I would test it to see if it follows the pattern described in the manuals. and then use test mode to check operation.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

The OP has indicated two of the pins are a limit switch, has opened the unit up (see the video posted). I would be curious to see more detailed "still" pictures to see what is in this strange beast!
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

Sorry I missed the video when scrolling down the page, if its got a limit switch then it is most likely being used as a high idle valve for the air conditioning or something, it must be compensating for a fixed load increase, but It would seem odd that the switch is only working at one end of the operation, are the contacts made in the fully open or fully closed position, or is it some other position in the travel. It may be that the contacts are controlling some other valve or clutch or something.
It seems funny that Gm would use such a different control strategy in that vehicle when they are using the stepper valve in almost all the other vehicles they build.
Does this vehicle have a dual fuel operation.. like gas and propane or gasoline and ethanol..... In brazil you have quite a few vehicles that are running on ethanol from something I read years ago... it might lean the mixture out when running gasoline, verses ethanol or something?
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Agreed, it is a very odd item. I wish the OP would give further details, just to satisfy my curiosity.