VEAL and EGO and authority...

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Targa44
Helpful MS/Extra'er

VEAL and EGO and authority...

Post by Targa44 »

... been trying to use VEAL and thought I had EGO control off, but maybe not. I've watched several of Andy's videos and now more questions...

Q1 - I thought by having "Use Authority Table" OFF that I was in Open Loop. Should I have been switching "Algorithm" to No correction instead?

Q2 - General consensus is to be Open Loop for initial tuning, no? .... until you can get a rock solid idle?

Q3 - What's the benefit/purpose of "Simple" Algorithm with the "Use Authority Table" off?

Q4 - Will Controller Auth +/-(%) work with the table Off? Does that result in Authority across the entire range?

Once again, thanks,

kj
ChevelleFan
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: VEAL and EGO and authority...

Post by ChevelleFan »

This thread may answer some of your questions, http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 22&t=68206

-Dave
'70 Chevelle ZZ383/700r4/3.73 MS3X, 36-1, LS Coils, Holley Stealthram -- success story
'92 Saturn 1.9 DOHC/5sp, MS3, Champcar racer success story
'79 Malibu DartSHP400/80mm/PG/3.55, MS3X/36-1/LS Coils -- success story
Porsche 944 S2 3.0 -- MS3X/36-1/LS Coils, 1:44s Mid-Ohio, Pro Course
Targa44
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Targa44 »

Thanks Dave,

Yes, somewhat. I had read that thread some time ago, but it didn't sink in. That was a useful reference.

...still seeking answers to my specific questions centered around whether I'm actually pushing the right buttons and what things engage/disengage or are impacted.

kj
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

EGO Correction is not filtered, it is factored in.

It will work faster and more accurately if you leave EGO Correction on. Do not turn off EGO Correction for autotune.
That's about as definitive as you'll get for Q2, from the source.

Don't confuse the authority table for something its not, it's only function is to allow variable authority across the entire AFR table instead of a single set authority you'll see on the main page of EGO control. So Q1, no. Q3 simple is like the old narrow band function where it will oscillate across the AFR target rich, lean, rich using the % authority you give it. Q4 is then, when you don't select "use authority table" it reverts to the single set point you give it on the main page across the entire range. 0% authority is a valid value and then you've effectively turned off EGO control, same as selecting the "no control" algorithm.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
Targa44
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Targa44 »

thank you, thank you.

kj