An issue

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

pomorza
MS/Extra Newbie

An issue

Post by pomorza »

Hello all,
I own a 1976 Datsun 280z. A few weeks ago I finally finished installing and tuning Megasquirt (I believe MSII). Anyhow for the past couple of weeks I've had a leaning issue on restart. That being, I start the car when its cold and it runs perfectly normal. (I have an Wideband o2 and it reads high 13's at idle) I turn the car off to go do something (go into a store for example) when I return and restart the car it runs really really lean (AFR reads 18's to 19's at idle). If I let it sit for a while it will richen up a bit but it never returns to what runs at at first start up. (by that I mean it'll idle in the low 15's) Am I missing something or not tune something correctly? Any help?

Thanks all
Jan
Hahns5.2
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: An issue

Post by Hahns5.2 »

The IAT is heatsoaking. The MAT correction table needs some tweaking.
95 Dakota, 5.2, 5 speed, 4x2, HX40, 12PSI, MS3X, 42lb Bosch Design 3 Injectors, AEM UEGO.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

You also want to make sure your injector dead time is set correctly. That will exacerbate the heat soak problem.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
pomorza
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by pomorza »

Could you elaborate on dead time? I'm on a bit of a learning curve as I've only owned this for about a month now. It does sound like heat soak is what's going on.

Jan
racingmini_mtl wrote:You also want to make sure your injector dead time is set correctly. That will exacerbate the heat soak problem.

Jean