Ign signal, tps, nightmare. Base map would be great!

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Ign signal, tps, nightmare. Base map would be great!

Post by billr »

Ashford, I think it is firing in cranking (when "cranking speed" is > than actual cranking rpm), then accelerating past that and dying, so then falling back into cranking... but without a log, how can we tell? I'm trying to wean the OP away from weird injector dead-times and req_fuel to just get it to fire.

Black 89turbo, I understand the injectors have been cleaned and pattern checked, but have they been flow-tested with your actual fuel system and MS drivers and resistors and fuel on the car? Flow-testing is different than pattern checking, and when done on an external test set-up doesn't really guarantee what is happening on the car.
black 89turbo
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by black 89turbo »

ashford wrote:let me get some clarification. it goes into cranking mode when rpm is greater than cranking speed(in ms)? if that is the case you may have corrupt firmware. try reflashing the firmware and start again.
CORRECT.
black 89turbo
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by black 89turbo »

jsmcortina wrote:I'd like to see a log of that, it doesn't make sense to me.

James
black 89turbo
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by black 89turbo »

billr wrote:Ashford, I think it is firing in cranking (when "cranking speed" is > than actual cranking rpm), then accelerating past that and dying, so then falling back into cranking... but without a log, how can we tell? I'm trying to wean the OP away from weird injector dead-times and req_fuel to just get it to fire.

Black 89turbo, I understand the injectors have been cleaned and pattern checked, but have they been flow-tested with your actual fuel system and MS drivers and resistors and fuel on the car? Flow-testing is different than pattern checking, and when done on an external test set-up doesn't really guarantee what is happening on the car.
NEGATIVE

I post multiple logs. I am not worried about Dead-time and req-fuel. Them areas are ok at this point. What i am focused on is it going in and out of cranking. While the car is running, falling in and out of cranking mode i can unplug the vaccum hose off of the manifold that runs to the MAP sensor and it will STOP going in and out of crank. When the MAP sensor is uplugged a vaccum cap is placed on the intake manifold were the MAP sensor hose previously hooked to.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

What I am seeing from that log (and tune4) is that you crank at 15 deg ignition advance, then retard to 10 as soon as it fires; that retard is what stifles the engine and sends it back to crank mode. Try setting a "fixed" advance of 15 deg.
black 89turbo
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by black 89turbo »

billr wrote:What I am seeing from that log (and tune4) is that you crank at 15 deg ignition advance, then retard to 10 as soon as it fires; that retard is what stifles the engine and sends it back to crank mode. Try setting a "fixed" advance of 15 deg.
Seen this yesterday and changed the fixed to 15 deg. It did not change anything. I will make new logs and videos today.
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

give this msq a try. i reduced cranking % and a pile of other stuff. may need to up the cranking % but it should be ok
trythis.msq
black 89turbo
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by black 89turbo »

ashford wrote:give this msq a try. i reduced cranking % and a pile of other stuff. may need to up the cranking % but it should be ok
trythis.msq
Thank you ashford. I will give it a try in about 15min. wILL report back with outcome and data log.
black 89turbo
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by black 89turbo »

Set priming pulse to Zero, started off the cranking pulse at 100% and stopped at 250%. Car never hit, or hesitated to hit.
black 89turbo
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by black 89turbo »

Uploaded the file, The car did nothing but crank. Up the % a little and nothing.
black 89turbo
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by black 89turbo »

Before i do anything else im going to put new plugs in it and try bill & ahfords suggestions to see if theres any change.
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

the msq i gave you cranking pw was @ 6.7 previously log showed @7.9 ad about 15% to the cranking pulse that i gave you. and if you get nothing still cycle the key a few times to add fuel to the engine with the priming pulse. also cranking times may need to be more than 1.5 -2 sec.

also again you can do a clear flood with more than 70% throttle.
black 89turbo
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by black 89turbo »

Getting back on track after leaving my brothers Laptop in the rain. Just bought a brand new laptop this morning. Downloaded MGL&TS. TS, i downloaded the most recent 1.0.6. The sticker on the back of the ECU says to use 1.0.2 witch thats what ive been using but it seemed to give me some trouble sometimes. WHat do you think? Keep using 1.0.2 or use the newest 1.0.6 with the brand new laptop? Kinda start with a clean slate is my thinking. Should be able to get back at it later tonight or tomorrow.