Recommended Tuner in Houston, TX?

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

user name:
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Recommended Tuner in Houston, TX?

Post by user name: »

Houston here as well although Im in need of someone who know how to mess with the MGPio Board and getting MegaShift to control a transmission...
1997 Land Cruiser -1FZ-FE in the work: S362 Turbo MS3-pro COP conversion sequential fuel and ignition
Brian
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Brian »

Hey Spitty.

I don't check in here often enough. Here's some pics of the new frame I've been working on for the Dino. I'm in the process of making the MS2 wiring harness right now hoping to start it in the next 2 weeks. It should be a screamer with the 3L tore-ass duratec and a little t04 Turbo and under 2400 lbs.

I thing the wife has some weekend plans for us this weekend, but I have your cell phone number still. I'll give you a buzz later when I know.

You got me back into home brew also.

And User, let us know if you have any luck with the megashift. I've been interested in tackling that at some point.
65 Cobra replica, 427W, MS2
71 Vette, 383 with shitty chinese 8 stack and no dizzy
5.0Thunder
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 5.0Thunder »

Houston here as well. Just finished a turbo 5.0 mustang with MS2 V3.57 PNP. Blew the head gasket after a few days. Definitely need to get a grasp of tuning in general. :RTFM:
1990 Mustang: MS3Pro Gen 1, 306ci, 72mm turbo, 80lb inj, 36-1 + Cam Sync + D585 coils, World heads, TFS1 cam, GT40 intake, auto, Speed Density
1987 Mustang: MS2v3.57, direct coil control, MSD VR Dizzy, SBE, Weiand 174,190cc heads, F303 cam, TBI w/ (4) 160lb inj, GT500 MAF
jadewombat
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by jadewombat »

Anyone have an hour or so to help me out with mine? Just trying to get it to run right. Spent hundreds of hours and it still won't run right and consistently. Have plenty of beer, soda, etc. Thanks.
Brian
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Brian »

What part of town?
jadewombat
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by jadewombat »

I live over in Meyerland which is just West of NRG Stadium.
quan3165
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by quan3165 »

Wombat can you post up an msq? I'm in Cypress near Brian and would be able to help if you can drive it here. Maybe we can meet at his place or mine for a beer and some tuning? What kind of problems are you having?
Tuning in Houston, TX area
https://www.racebushings.com
spittybug
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by spittybug »

Hey, I visited with Jeremy over at PowerFab automotive at 6100 Louetta in Spring the other day. I'm going to get things tuned up with him. He spent 20 minutes talking with me and quizzing me (and vice versa) and it was obvious he knows MS pretty well.

I've had some issues with bad fuel hoses (6 years old, SS braided) that started leaking like crazy and went brittle, so I've been taking care of that on the Delorean. I also am reconfirming my temp sensors are properly calibrated before getting tuned.

I'm driving pretty decently now but know that I'm short of optimal on acceleration enhancement especially. My timing curve could really use a dyno to maximize it's performance. I want to make sure that all my 'baseline' stuff is in good shape so that Jeremy can focus on just the tuning.

For those that don't know me (Brian does, albeit from a couple years back), I'm a home brewer and Delorean driver with a lift in the garage. I'm up for an 'introduce yourself' get together once the weather cools down a bit. Maybe we can get a megasquirt group going..... I'm near Jones/Louetta area.
'81 Delorean DMC-12 V6, 90* oddfire, 2.85 L, MS2e 3.4.0, TSv3.0.28

1.21 Gigawatts of raw EFI and spark controlled power! :yeah!:
Brian
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Brian »

That would be cool. I can show off the 71 vette with new 383 and 8 stack
Brian
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Brian »

I don't check in here often enough.

Yea wombat, Post up a log and we can (as well as other here) can help out. I've figured out how to use the blue tooth and a samsung phone (without a sim card) to log, and use shadow tuner and it's effen cool.

I used to try to drive around with the laptop flying around in the passenger seat running VEAL. This way is much better. The phone adds MPH and acceleration. You can see where you're sitting at the light, then petting it and letting off the clutch, and count the gears. COOL!

Spitty make good beer. Let's meet up there!

And a belated thanks to Tyler(quan3165, don't know why he has a Vietnamese name for a handle) for last year's Dyno days. The Cobra laid down a 468 HP to the rear wheels with air cleaner and side pipes that are notorious for killing power.

Check this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv7wYltj3tE

And the vette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m4L1yY1wF8