Help and a few pointers

Post by archy355 »

I finally got my truck up and running heres a quick list of what its running:

MS1 3.0 extra
383 sbc with a gt45 turbo
msd distributor
mallory hyfire box
80 lbs deka high impedence injectors

I am just looking for someone to take a look at my tune and possibly send me in the right direction. Ive been pulling my hair out the last coupld days trying to get the truck to start once it is warmed up. I'm just hoping someone can point me in the right directions and tell me if im way off. any help would be appreciated.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Help and a few pointers

Post by billr »

The VE table is strange, and the spark table is stranger still. Where did those come from? The defaults in the sample projects would probably be a better starting point. The cranking pulse is considerably less than "required fuel", I think, so that is a red flag for me. And the req_fuel is already low, even if you are using gasoline and not E10 or something requiring an even richer AFR.
archy355
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by archy355 »

I think i solved my problem, the alternator was shorting out. the timing table is just something i came up with. the truck used to just have the distributor locked out at 37 degrees before i put the fuel injection on so thats what i did with the table, and i didnt know what it would want for timing under boost so i just tried to be conservative. i honestly having even driven the truck with the turbo piping all hooked up yet. it barely was making it downt the street that why the enrichment tunes and everything look so messed up. I was having a problem with the truck flooding out, but i think that was from the alternator shorting out and it must have been sending signals back to the computer or something. could you send me in the right direction for what the after start and possibly cranking table should look like.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

"The defaults in the sample projects would probably be a better starting point."

That applies for pretty much everything, including WUE and cranking stuff.
archy355
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by archy355 »

thanks for your help, mainly i was looking to see if the injectors settings looked right for a sbc and how people usually set them up. two pulse, one pulse, alternating.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Wish I could help more, but there are so very many different permutations of the SBC... the defaults are probably as close as I can suggest.

Edit: It looks like your "req_fuel" is set correctly to the calculated value, that's a good start. How about the injector dead-time, has that been measured? It seems a bit long, and accurate dead-time gets more important when req_fuel is relatively low, like yours is at 6.3 msec
archy355
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by archy355 »

How would i go about measuring that? I think i just entered in the required fuel and that number was generated. I have 80 lbs deka high impedence injectors in it.