95 mustang MSPNP need help please!!!!!

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

P&CMS
MS/Extra Newbie

95 mustang MSPNP need help please!!!!!

Post by P&CMS »

okay guys this is probably my last resort before i start beating it with a hammer. the car is a 95 mustang gt with a 302/5.0 it has a edelbrock intake, 42lb injectors, and a fpr, 255 pump, and a 74mm turbo other than that the rest of the motor is stock it has forged pistons. i have tracked everything down mechanically that could possibly be stopping it from starting its getting fire has good fuel pressure. something has to be off with the tune. i downloaded the base map off of megasquirts website but i dont know. the car will spit and sputter like it wants to start and that is about all its everything mechanically is there. ill put the file for the tune and two logs of a start up sequence please dig thru it and see what you all can find . im using the gen 2 pnp with version 3.2.1
P&CMS
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: 95 mustang MSPNP need help please!!!!!

Post by P&CMS »

some ones gotta have something for me?
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Have you checked spark timing with a timing light?

It's not your problem for starting, but that is a strange VE table... especially that cell that is zero out in the torque peak rpm and WOT. I'm not familiar with PNP, still looking for the cranking ignition advance, I always suspect too much there when an engine spits while trying to start.
P&CMS
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by P&CMS »

Thanks for checking it out for me. I haven't checked it with a light yet I'll have to do the one thing I'm not sure about is I set the timing to fixed before I got it started. So I'm not sure on that. I'm new to the ms thing and still learning.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The map doesn't look like the MSPNP base map at all - see this link for MSPNP base maps:

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnp2_maps.php

In addition to the odd fuel table, it's set up for a stepper IAC and a couple other bits of weirdness.

Also, with an MSPNP on 3.2.1 code, you need to have "MegaSquirt / MicroSquirt selection" in Project Properties set to "MicroSquirt Module, DIYPNP / MSPNP." (V3.3.1 uses separate firmware signatures to automatically show everything as MSPNP options and port names, if you're willing to upgrade firmware.)
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
P&CMS
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by P&CMS »

Thanks a lot man I'll check those out when I get home from work. Do you have any idea what setting I should have for my iac.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

They're covered in the base map.
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

also your car should have ccd tfi. it can be identified by a black tfi module. pushstart is grey. if it is ccd(computer controlled dwell) you need to set up dwel control instead of 50% duty cycle. i have actually seen this cause a no start condition. an easy test is to pull the spout.
P&CMS
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by P&CMS »

like i said im extremely green what should my dwell settings be set like i will figure this out eventually
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

it should be about 2ms ,

can you give any and all info on your setup you can. parts, exhaust, boost level, which tfi you have, firware version etc? an ill try to make an msq for you when i have a chance
mr_minnis
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by mr_minnis »

any progress on this ?
88 Stang LX Vert. 3.73s and MS3x, D585 Coils AEM EPM
P&CMS
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by P&CMS »

Well I reloaded the new base map and threw my stock injectors back in it for the start up but I now I'm not getting any spark so I've got to track that down I've got a crank but no start check list so I've got to go thru that I don't believe it's a tune thing. The car is all fresh and this motor hasn't ran yet. I believe the tfi module or the distributor is bad. I'll keep everyone posted. If anyone has any other ideas hit me up
P&CMS
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by P&CMS »

ashford wrote:it should be about 2ms ,

can you give any and all info on your setup you can. parts, exhaust, boost level, which tfi you have, firware version etc? an ill try to make an msq for you when i have a chance
Can I get your email so we can talk about getting a msq built.
P&CMS
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by P&CMS »

here is the one flashed to the ecu currently
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

her i changed the ignition settings and a few others,im still not familiar with the plugnplays so some of the settings seem off to me like idle contorl is inverted etc.

this should get you started an if it don't try uynplugging the spout and see if it starts.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The inverted IAC is the result of circuit on the board. It is a bit confusing, but if you accidentally turn it off, you end up with the IAC fully open instead of fully closed.
P&CMS
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by P&CMS »

Thanks guys I'll get it one of these days would any if the ignition settings I had set cause a no spark situation
Blown88GT
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Blown88GT »

Matt Cramer wrote:The inverted IAC is the result of circuit on the board. It is a bit confusing, but if you accidentally turn it off, you end up with the IAC fully open instead of fully closed.
My PNP is normal, not inverted. The PNP's are not all the same?
'95 engine is the same as '88, TFI is different; IAC's are all the same, PWM.
1988 Mustang GT, 59k miles, Orig Owner
ProCharger 600B I/C, 12psi, FRP Hdrs, Flwmstr F2, 3G Alt, Contour Fan & DCC, 3.55's, Prog Sprg, Subfms, UCA, LCA, FCA, Tokico 5's, Bridgestone RE-71R 245/40R17, Crane HI-6, Kirban FPR, MS2, DIYPNPF60, Spartan 2, C&L76mm blo-thru MAF, 47lb FRP-LU47
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

DIYPNPs and MSPNPs are not the same.
P&CMS
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by P&CMS »

Still tracking down my sudden no spark issue thought was my dizzy but that doesn't seem to be the problem