Help with base ignition map

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

PauliusNORCO
MS/Extra Newbie

Help with base ignition map

Post by PauliusNORCO »

Hello. Finally i've got my car running and drove it a bit for datalog.
My setup is: MS1 V2.2 with flyback board; Audi 10V turbo engine, compression ratio is about 7,8:1-8,5:1 (don't remember exactly); stock boost - 0.6bar (8,7PSI); and i'm running it on LPG.

At this moment i have no ignition control, just static timing on distributor (static timing for my engine is 12 degree). And my question is, can someone give me a base ignition map so i can wire up ignition control and move on to setting up a base VE table?

I found somewhere in MSEXTRA manuals a ignition table for boosted engine, maybe i can use that one for now (written in my msq file)?

Hope You understood, what i'm asking and sorry if i'm in the wrong thread and for my bad English. :)
1983 Audi 4000 10VT on LPG only, with MS1/Extra controlling ignition and fuel.
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Help with base ignition map

Post by elutionsdesign »

Sounds like an interesting project, PM me an email address and I'll send you a table. This site doesn't allow those types of files to be posted.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

The easiest way to get an initial advance curve is to have a friend start the vehicle, while you use a timing light to check the timing. starting out at idle see what the timing light reads, then move up 400 rpm and take a reading, then move up again take a reading, most ignition systems are all in(full timing)by about 3500 rpm. that way you can use a base map that the factory developed. as a starting point... it doesn't take long to do and it will be a safe starting point.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
wmax351
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by wmax351 »

Sometimes you can even find the specifications online.
mr_minnis
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by mr_minnis »

would this not work? I mean you might not be able to inport the table, but you can at see the values and can key them in.

http://www.useasydocs.com/theory/spktable.htm
88 Stang LX Vert. 3.73s and MS3x, D585 Coils AEM EPM