3sgte Gen 3 MS3x cannot get started

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

redphoenix
MS/Extra Newbie

3sgte Gen 3 MS3x cannot get started

Post by redphoenix »

Hello everyone. Currently I am trying to get my MS3x and 3sgte started.

Specs
-MS3x
-Stock wiring harness
-stock sensors
-24/1 CAS nippon denso
- All stock grounds that were going to the ECU are now grounded in the MS3
-3 MS3 grounds and 3 MS3x grounds individually running to a single lug at the intake manifold

Right now I can sync the RPMS but cannot start the car. I have the injectors wired on the MS3x board, A-1, B-3, C-4, D-2 (1342 firing order). I put a 10k ohm resistor on G2 and a 10k ohm on NE going to the MS3/MS3x to try and help the sync loss issues.

I have fuel (smell tells me), and i have ignition (small random pops I hear).

I am running injection in full sequential and ignition with the stock ignitor, coil and distributor.

I have ran the composite logger and for a brief moment I see a flash from the image and it disappears... I guess I need the full version of megalog? Well I will post my latest datalog (not sure if its after the 10k ohm resistors or not...) My battery is completely dead and charging now.

Ill post my msq, not sure if that is all set up right...
2014-07-16_21.03.10.msq
2014-07-16_17.51.56.csv
Toyota MR2, Gen 3 3sgte with MS3x
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 3sgte Gen 3 MS3x cannot get started

Post by Matt Cramer »

If it syncs fine, next step is to check the timing with a timing light and make sure it's in the right place.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
redphoenix
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by redphoenix »

Let me post my logs and information in a few...

Got it running.. 6.5* #1 tooth angle.... does not at all correlate to anything I read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywm-NDgV5mU
redphoenix
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by redphoenix »

Alright so it starts and idles great... no sync loss. rev it up and I get sync loss.

currently I have a 10k ohm resistor on each of the trigger signals... is my next step to adjust the pots CW to see if it filters out at all?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

At this point, I'd adjust the MS3X cam trigger trim pots. The crank sensor looks OK, but there's a lot of noise on the cam.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
redphoenix
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by redphoenix »

Alright currently I have a 10K ohm resistor on NE and G2, as well as 2 turns CW on the NE pots, 1 turn CW on the G2 pots, and still had sync loss around 3k. I turned on crank noise filtering (standard options on it) and I can rev to 7k rpms with NO issues. All of the above needed to happen because with filtering alone it would sync loss.

Here is a data long from a light pull.
2014-07-18_21.07.56.csv
So now I am up to the point of tuning. I set a base ignition I am OK with and had autotune do its thing. Got a decent portion of my table take care of.

I really need to get my idle valve taken care of, warm up settings, acceleration enrichment, and my electric power steering with the MS3 taken care of.

:yeah!: