Tables Y-axis query

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

billjam
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Tables Y-axis query

Post by billjam »

Is there a reason why the Y-axis for the Spark Advance table, AFR table and Fuel VE table don’t start at zero?
Ignition Load starts at 25%, Fuel Load and AFR Load start at 15%.
Just seems odd to me that the tables don’t cover this area.
I am using ITB control algorithm for fuel and spark.
VE table.jpg
MS3X on a Porsche 3.6L engine with Triumph Daytona ITBs, Toyota COPs (12) and sequential injection.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Tables Y-axis query

Post by grom_e30 »

do you ever see 0% load when driving ect?? you can re scale the numbers to what ever you need to cover all areas of driving. but if you never see 0% load why waste the space on the table having it there.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
billjam
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by billjam »

I can see that 0% load is pretty meaningless, but there still seems to be a fair bit of territory between 0 and 15% (or 25% for spark) that isn't covered.
A fair amount of driving is under light throttle loads so I don't understand how the ECU knows what to do if the tables don't cover it.
MS3X on a Porsche 3.6L engine with Triumph Daytona ITBs, Toyota COPs (12) and sequential injection.
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

Again as stated, you can click on any of those load boxes and make it what you want. You can give yourself great resolution where you want it by putting numbers closer together, letting them spread out in an area that isn't driven in so much. Same for the rpm boxes.

The ECU just does what its told, so if the load is 5 and your lowest box is 25 its just using the 25 box. Most don't worry about low vacuum since you're rarely there and there just isn't much fueling or timing difference between 25 and 5.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
billjam
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by billjam »

elutionsdesign wrote:The ECU just does what its told, so if the load is 5 and your lowest box is 25 its just using the 25 box. Most don't worry about low vacuum since you're rarely there and there just isn't much fueling or timing difference between 25 and 5.
Thanks. That makes sense.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

The only way to get load below ~15 or so is to use alpha-n.
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.