Programmable On/Off Outputs Conditions

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Silverback
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Programmable On/Off Outputs Conditions

Post by Silverback »

Can I set more than 2 conditions for the Programmable On/Off Outputs?

I have one running my coolant fans and I'm using the primary condition of coolant temp > some value
And
TPS < value

to turn the fans on when the engine is warmed up but to turn them off when I'm racing (right now over 75% TPS). That way I like to make dragstrip passes right around 160*F and I set the temp to that, and it will turn the fans on and keep the temp near there when doing my burnout and staging but turn them off while I'm actually going down the track.

The problem that I've run into is that with these conditions it's not uncommon for the engine to heat soak over that temp and then any time I turn the key on when the engine is warm the fans turn on, which if I've been running anything in the staging lanes and run the battery down some can make it hard to start the engine, so I'd like to set a 3rd condition, something like
seconds > 10
so the fan will not turn on unless the engine has been running longer than 10s, allowing the car to start, stabilize... before putting the fan load on the alternator.
Mark -- aka: WS6 TA, JYDog, 83 Crossfire TA, mpikas, mmp...
MS2 Extra | PCB 3 | HEI Mod | TPI harness Adapter | AEM UEGO wideband | 87 Trans Am | 305TPI | T5 transmission - pretty close to stock
WestfieldMX5
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Programmable On/Off Outputs Conditions

Post by WestfieldMX5 »

Don't think it's possible. Worst case, you use a 2nd output to control a seperate relay that can cut power to the fan relay
2016 Westfield SEiW MX5 1.8 - 6sp - Torsen - MSM turbo - MS3 Pro - 2.3kg/hp