looking for stock Ford 4.9 big six tune

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Frankenford
MS/Extra Newbie

looking for stock Ford 4.9 big six tune

Post by Frankenford »

I am hoping I could get a copy of a tune on a stock 4.9 speed density efi, its an 1988 motor. I have it "running" and everythings working on megaaquirt. I removed and plugged/blocked off the Egr and the other smog related stuff. Its joined to the stcok C6 auto that was with it in the van I robbed it from. I had seen a user on here durring my various searches for info. The user E4ODnut has posted he has a stock 4.9 running megasquirt for a long time. I would be very greatfull to get a copy of his tune to use on my truck, or at least use as an example. This tunning from scratch is more difficult then i thought it would be. I see now if I had droped a 5.0 in my 72 f100 instead i could find all the info i need to get it going.Right now I have basically a spark table made from info on an earlyer mech/vac advace distributor. If E4ODnut reads this and wants to help me please PM me, I cant seem to Pm people on my acount, I'm new to using forums.
If it runs, its done!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: looking for stock Ford 4.9 big six tune

Post by Matt Cramer »

If you don't get someone posting existing settings, I could have a look at your current problems if you post a detailed description of what's wrong, a copy of your current MSQ, and a data log of the trouble you're having.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X