Qs about table blending curves, ITB mode, and ignition load

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

timiacobucci
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Qs about table blending curves, ITB mode, and ignition l

Post by timiacobucci »

I have recently begun researching tuning itbs in megasquirt and I have a few related/ possibly unrelated questions based on this discussion.

My aim in this is adding itbs to a boosted setup. It sort of seems like the entire itb mode switching has no provision to move back over to SD above 100 kpa, is this true? I have other aims for the blending modes like e85 and it would be nice if I didn't have to tune 2 ve maps for TPS and SD twice (4 tunes) for a different fuel type.

If this is true would burdickjp's tuning method work just as well extending the blending curve back to map above atmospheric? Or would something like itb / multiply map have advantages vs tps / map blending alone?

i have to admit I've never tuned alpha N before, it will probably make more sense when actually looking at logs but what exactly are you looking for in tuning the switchpoint? Just where you loose map signal? How much variation is there to tune outside the map range in tps variation after 100 kpa in an na system?

Also if either of you guys burdickjp or gslender would be willing to post your msq or datalogs I would be very appreciative of being able to look at the details of how you have gone about both of your respective setups.
burdickjp
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Qs about table blending curves, ITB mode, and ignition l

Post by burdickjp »

timiacobucci wrote:I have recently begun researching tuning itbs in megasquirt and I have a few related/ possibly unrelated questions based on this discussion.

My aim in this is adding itbs to a boosted setup. It sort of seems like the entire itb mode switching has no provision to move back over to SD above 100 kpa, is this true? I have other aims for the blending modes like e85 and it would be nice if I didn't have to tune 2 ve maps for TPS and SD twice (4 tunes) for a different fuel type.

If this is true would burdickjp's tuning method work just as well extending the blending curve back to map above atmospheric? Or would something like itb / multiply map have advantages vs tps / map blending alone?

i have to admit I've never tuned alpha N before, it will probably make more sense when actually looking at logs but what exactly are you looking for in tuning the switchpoint? Just where you loose map signal? How much variation is there to tune outside the map range in tps variation after 100 kpa in an na system?

Also if either of you guys burdickjp or gslender would be willing to post your msq or datalogs I would be very appreciative of being able to look at the details of how you have gone about both of your respective setups.
That's a really good question. I'm curious if TPS-based tuning would be beneficial at all.

Here's my msq. It's shameful. I'm embarrassed to share it.