Using Ideal Gas Law to minic OEM Ign Map?

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

valley
MS/Extra Newbie

Using Ideal Gas Law to minic OEM Ign Map?

Post by valley »

I have an LS1 that has slightly larger than OEM injectors and Corvette exhaust manifolds. I'm running MS3 3.57 with MS3X

I managed to hunt down the OEM ignition table (attached) and compared it with the base map (attached) and found that there is fairly little difference. A few spots are a bit more conservative and another few a bit less so. The problem being that the MS table is kPa vs. RPM and the OEM table is g_air/cyl vs. RPM. Using the Ideal Gas Law and a few parameters of the engine I back calculated a rough estimate of g_air/cyl for a given kPa (attached). For those with more experience, how unreasonable is this and should I change my table to reflect the OEM table using this?
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Using Ideal Gas Law to minic OEM Ign Map?

Post by elutionsdesign »

I think that's a reasonable approach, give it a go. That is a very conservative (OEM) table to start with, I'm sure with careful tuning you could run much more timing at higher rpm/load points.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
valley
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Using Ideal Gas Law to minic OEM Ign Map?

Post by valley »

Thanks elutionsdesign, I did just that. Things appear to be running alright at the moment although I'm just at getting idle sorted and ensure the engine is in good health.