33lb to 96lb fuel injectors. Turbocharged 2.4L Omni

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

joeyb
MS/Extra Newbie

33lb to 96lb fuel injectors. Turbocharged 2.4L Omni

Post by joeyb »

I'm running MS3 as my ECU, I've been using Tuner Studio and Megadash Viewer to get familiar with interacting with my ECU.

I've been running the same tune since I bought the car, but now I'm planning to switch over to 96lb injectors so I can keep a steady AFR with lots of boost (25-30psi) instead of the 5lbs I'm using right now. I'm trying to get an idea of what I need to do so I can properly setup the injector pulse widths for the new fuel injectors. Any leads on good threads or project logs that may help walk me though it?

I've been reading through the manual and concepts behind the ECU (ideal gas law, etc) and I think I need to start practicing - but I need to finds some example to guide me through it, hopefully without damaging the project!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 33lb to 96lb fuel injectors. Turbocharged 2.4L Omni

Post by Matt Cramer »

The only things you need to do are recalculate Required Fuel and set the injector opening time. Everything else is scaled off it.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
16vboost
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 16vboost »

You might want to calculate what your idle PW would be with 96 lb injectors. You may need to go to staged injection.

-Alex
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

i have a friend with id1000(90 somthing lbs/hr) on a 2.4 in an shadow it runs just fine after alot of opening time tuning . it runs E85 also. it runs out of injector at about 20lbs boost.
joeyb
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by joeyb »

I've managed to get the new injectors to work out really well. I'll need to look more into it, and consider turning my fuel pressure from 58 - 53 or 55 psi. It's a good start to get these new 96lb low impedance injectors tuned in. I'll be looking into E-93 and other race fuel around PDX next. Also after I've analyzed the tune and checked it all I'm going to turn up the boost.
2014-08-30_96lb Injector Base Tune.msq