table switching?

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

table switching?

Post by nathanhardy »

so first if I set it to switch above 100 kpa for turbo application will veal switch as well and tune it? what is the main purpose of it just to get more resolution?
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: table switching?

Post by nathaninwa »

I table switch around 3000rpm. I don't get much more than 150kpa so my table gos to 170. Then switches where I only have 2 vacuum bins and the rest is boost. I have an effective 26x31 ve table with resolution around idle/cruise/ and peak tq. Auto tune will work with a custom ini code added to the file. Took some working with Phil to make it work but works great now

I'd have to find the page and link you when I get home
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

sweet yeah if you don't mind find the file id like to have it for down the road
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

You might post this into the TunerStudio section if the info in this link doesnt work http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... &hilit=ve3

I forgot we got VE3 working but not my secondary injectors I run till just about the last post
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

Tuner studio will now tune both tables in VEAL when using table switching without a special ini file..... PHIL just messaged me with that info today, I was looking for the custom file you were talking about and he said it wasn't needed in the current tuner studio. Just figured I would share the good news.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

So why the two vac bins on ve3 table?? And why not just set up one for non boost and have all boost in the other?
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Because I rpm switch to give good resolution there too. I have the 2 bins for them times when your not quite in boost gearing up on the freeway and a vacuum cell for shifts
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

I see! I always looked at it as kpa switch but if I do it that way I can't really get the rpm resolution higher just the kpa?
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

Do you do spark too
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I'll post my tune when I get home. I have 26 kpa bins and 31 rpm bins
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I don't switch timing, just fuel

Heres my msq, I switch from VE1 to VE3 at 3000rpm. I chose that rpm as I cruise near 2500 and most of my day to day gear ups are below this point in town.
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

Thank you for you msq that helped! Question and concern I know you said it's in the code but if memory serves me right don't we do a hardware mod as well soldering a wire to the chip directly? What if that cone undone? What would happen?
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I'm running Pro so there is none of that. I think ms2 is the chip that needs that mod, and in my opinion if you are worried about the jumper coming undone, I'd worry about all the other solder joints you make then too!
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

I'm sure of my soldering! Would just like to kno what would happen? You know peace of mind!
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

So after rereading the Manuel it seem the yellow wire is only need for hardware install IE if you use a rocker swicth to switch the maps is this correct? Or did I misunderstand it, James ?
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

The jumper at the pins, and the going low guard circuit, are only needed for a mechanical switch. If you're switching in the firmware - TPS or RPM - you don't need the mods.
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
fpvmustang
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fpvmustang »

kaeman wrote:Tuner studio will now tune both tables in VEAL when using table switching without a special ini file..... PHIL just messaged me with that info today, I was looking for the custom file you were talking about and he said it wasn't needed in the current tuner studio. Just figured I would share the good news.

Thanks for the good news.
33 psi boost on lpg
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

dontz125 wrote:The jumper at the pins, and the going low guard circuit, are only needed for a mechanical switch. If you're switching in the firmware - TPS or RPM - you don't need the mods.
Thank you that brings added peace of mind!!