Min pulse width dead time

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

joeyb
MS/Extra Newbie

Min pulse width dead time

Post by joeyb »

Is the injector opening time a property of the injector? Is it like a factory spec - what value do you use in the MS3X parameters for Delphi 95 lb/hr low z.

Does this constant have anything to do with the engine or just the injectors and fuel system? Will fuel pressure change the dead time ms?
joeyb
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Min pulse width dead time

Post by joeyb »

I think the correct value for my injector is .57ms
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

The dead time is a property of the injector and the injector drive circuit. This is why using published numbers doesn't always give the expected results - the manufacturer's test rig used different driver components.

The engine has nothing to do with it. I believe the fuel pressure can have a small effect, but not that much.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
DeadStiff
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by DeadStiff »

joeyb wrote:Is the injector opening time a property of the injector? Is it like a factory spec - what value do you use in the MS3X parameters for Delphi 95 lb/hr low z.

Does this constant have anything to do with the engine or just the injectors and fuel system? Will fuel pressure change the dead time ms?
joeyb wrote:I think the correct value for my injector is .57ms
1 Yes

2 Yes, if your using factory test equipment.

3 Yes, fuel pressure will change dead time.

4 Unless you measured the dead time on your setup it will only be a guess.

Are you running resistors with your injectors? With low z injectors you should be. The resistors will also effect your dead time.
MS3+X on 73 Karmann Ghia ignition only with LS2 truck coils firing in sequential, fuel next.
2333(103*70) Type 4 with DTM also sitting in living room just need exhaust.
joeyb
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by joeyb »

Thank you for the feedback! The answer is yes on the resistors. My MS3 has had 4 of 8 ports modified on the MS3X circuit board. Funny seeing the high impedance setup for low z from what I've read about the standard board. Nothing about my car is not custom. I'm working on some steady build - not in a hurry, but also looking to make the most of this season! The resistors run to another board parallel to the MS3. Unaclocker built it in 2012. I've been running his tune since - but it's time for me to do what I bought the car for - learn! Everything has been mechanical so far - now that everything is running perfect, I'm looking for more power! Lot's of room to grow.