Tune - Can't Fine Tune

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

16vboost
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Tune - Can't Fine Tune

Post by 16vboost »

Sory, you're right, I thought I saw lags of 50 in your last MSQ, double checked and they're at 100. You can't go higher than 100. 100 means that the current measured MAP value is allowed to be 100% of the change from the last value, effectively eliminating any smoothing effect of the MAP signal.

-Alex
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Since your throttle body has 2 injectors, you could try to run 4 squirts alternating. That should not change your req fuel from what you have (so the tune should not be affected) but should improve fuel distribution a lot.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

Is your intake manifold heat connected/working?
TBI suffers the same issues as carbs as to fuel dropout/poor distribution etc.

You will see exactly what you are seeing,
...and will fight with it forever (and lose) if you do not have manifold heat.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
planetcaravan
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by planetcaravan »

Hi All,

Finally got a chance to try some of the last suggestions. Results are as follows:

I tried switching over to 4 squirts per cycle and this seems to have improved the accel flat spot issue a little more. Seems a lot of little tweaks are all helping rather than a single solution. In the latest log attached, it still does appear like the engine is leaning out when I flatten the accelerator really fast.

Could some additional accel time or accel taper assist? To me in the log it looks like the accel enrich runs out then the car goes lean.

Can anyone provide some additional suggestions.

Thanks.
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

Could some additional accel time or accel taper assist? To me in the log it looks like the accel enrich runs out then the car goes lean.
Yes, you are reading the logs correctly. I suggest you make logical changes to the enrichment as you can tell in the PW traces where its adding fuel, where its tapering fuel, how much additional fuel is being added, etc... For example, why taper at all until you understand how it is impacting your AFR? You're seemingly trying to fly before you've crawled.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
16vboost
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 16vboost »

You're already over 100% duty cycle during the enrichment pulses. I would add more duration to the enrichment event or increase fuel flow through the injectors.

How does the car feel when you get on the throttle quickly?

-Alex