still decel exhaust popping issue.

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

still decel exhaust popping issue.

Post by Yves »

I was driving the car today, using some throttle at higher rpms. Car pops in the exhaust a lot when upshifting. Especially when getting back on the throttle after the shift is completed. It's sometimes that bad that I'm afraid the muffles is going to burst at those rpms.
I already used higher timing numbers in the 40-42 range at the decel areas which seemed to help, but not enough.

Engine is a small block Chevy gen I with ITB's.

Do I give decel fuel cut a try or first try to complete tables. It's quite annoying.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: still decel exhaust popping issue.

Post by Matt Cramer »

:msq:
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

Matt, with all due respect, but you will not see a decel pop on the logfiles. They are quite long and I'm not sure if I can make sure that I can post the part where it popped.

I can send the msq if that helps
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

You can mark the log by pressing the space bar then you can edit and shorten the log... This helps us see if it's caused by some thing other then the obvious
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
jamies
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by jamies »

what fueling method are you using?

put more fuel in at 0% throttle at higher rpm (assuming its popping because its too lean on decel)
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

That's what I was thinking. Too lean. Will put in more fuel in the low kPa regions.
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

Hey Yves,
post your msq, and we can compare our ve tables, you and I have the same engine combo.... I don't have popping in the exhaust on decel.
2014-09-26_17.58.17.msq
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

Here's the msq.

I'm making another thread as I also experienced my engine plateau at 5000 rpm. I first thought that it was the revlimiter kicking in, but that wasn't it. I made a log of a run to 5000 but for some reason, it hasn't recorded it.