Master MS/Extra'er

Re: engine constance ms1

Post by racerron »

tune
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

is there a way to put a fuel pump pressure input to the ms1. the mega log viewer has a way to view that.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Is that a MLV field for MS1 or MS2 or MS3?
It's not an easy task on MS1.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

slow_hemi6 wrote:Is that a MLV field for MS1 or MS2 or MS3?
It's not an easy task on MS1.
ms1
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Well you have to build an input conditioning circuit like the one used for the TPS and connect it to X7/JS5.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

yesterdays tune. getting better.
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

tuner
Rick Finsta
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Rick Finsta »

Looks like you got rid of that nasty oscillation! You could still flatten out the VE and AFR target tables in your idle area to make sure you get a more stable idle as if you look the EGO correction (Gego) is still moving around quite a bit at idle. I didn't notice coolant temperature but what changed that you are idling at 80kPa now? I thought you were about 75kPa or so in the last log.

You are still getting a lot of comm dropouts and some resets. I think you need to make sure that you have the tach output from the MSD box wired only to PIN 24 (should be the white wire in the shielded bundle but maybe Matt from DIY can correct that if I'm wrong). If your explanation over the phone was correct, then you have the 12V+ square wave signal from the MSD going both to PIN 24 and PIN 1 which is a ground for a VR sensor and should not be hooked up in your situation.

You may also have some noise somewhere - ignition is a good place to look by making sure you have resistor plugs and wires, and they are in good shape and not routed near any signal wires.
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

not sure what is going to get the Gego any flatter it maybe the large injectors. i wonder if i run the ground that is around the two wire shielded wire that runs to the tach. im still getting communications drop outs. does both white and black wire inside the shielded wire go on the tach terminal? i do have resistor plugs and wires.
Rick Finsta
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Rick Finsta »

The shielded wire should be (again, DIY can correct this if I'm wrong as I replaced the wire I got from them for reasons unrelated to quality or function):

Black - Ground to PIN 1
Shield - Ground to PIN 2
White - 12V+ Signal to PIN 24

Only the White wire should be connected to the TACH terminal on the MSD 7531 box as far as I know, but I do not have direct experience with that setup. I also don't know what connecting that signal to ground would do but I can imagine it could cause problems. If that doesn't sort it you can try a capacitor to ground on your ignition coil as a noise filter and see if that does the trick. We can cross that bridge when we come to it!
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

ok i will try that. when i had my car out last time on sunday and i knew this was going to happen soon . i broke two teeth off the cam gear and about 6 off the dis. gear. the car stop with a big bang out the exhaust. the good thing the gear on the cam is pressed on. lunti s sending me a new gear.