Toyota 1NZFE

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Bruceynz
MS/Extra Newbie

Toyota 1NZFE

Post by Bruceynz »

Hi,

I am new to this ECU stuff, I have a megasquirt, I am looking to run the engine off the vacuum sensor, can anyone help with a base tune for a factory Toyota 1NZFE please or can anyone recommend a tune that will get it running?

Many Thanks in advance
Bruce
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Toyota 1NZFE

Post by Matt Cramer »

I haven't tuned one, but I can post a link to the documentation for how to put together a startup map if you post what MS variant you have.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Bruceynz
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Bruceynz »

Hi,

Anything is worth a try, just out of interest how come no one has a data base of base tunes for certain engines that could be downloaded to get you started?

Thanks
Bruce
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

We have base maps posted for the MSPNP line:

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnp2_maps.php

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnpp_maps.php

They could be potentially used for other MS variants as well. However, the shear number of engines that MegaSquirt gets installed on - and the number of these engines that are running decidedly non-stock ignition setups and other things that require major settings changes - means that it would be a Herculean task to cover the whole range of engines that MegaSquirters are running. Especially if whoever's hosting the tunes wants to vouch for them and confirm they work well, rather than just collecting random tunes that somebody says works for them.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

The upshot of which is that finding a "basetune" that will work for you is as likely as winning the lottery. With engine management there are really no shortcuts to success.
When you say " run the engine off the vacuum sensor" I assume you mean use a speed density tune and do also intend to run all the other required sensors as well as MAP.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
Bruceynz
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Bruceynz »

My megasquirt has megasquirt 1 extra label on it, when I go to check out the info on this model I get page not found

http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_ ... _Index.htm

Can anyone help with a working link to a manual?

Thanks
Bruce
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke