first tuning logs

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

turbotater
MS/Extra Newbie

first tuning logs

Post by turbotater »

this is a LS 5.3 , 76mm turbo combination.
there is an approximate 8 lb boost section at about 1100 seconds.
It is rich in most places but the big problem is a huge pop out the exhaust after it came on boost.
I also have throttle tip in problems and steady speed light surge.
I just did this a few minutes ago so i am deciding what changes i will make first.

I will not have another opportunity to play with the car for another couple of weekends due to work travel.

any input appreciated
16vboost
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: first tuning logs

Post by 16vboost »

I only glanced at your log but it seems like TPS AE is kicking in all the time. You probably need to raise the TPSdot threshold and lower the TPS AE amounts by quite a bit.

-Alex
16vboost
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 16vboost »

Also you have lots of TPS noise when the throttle is at any position but zero. Graph TPSdot and you'll see what I mean. Maybe you need a new Throttle Position Sensor or maybe a heavier throttle body spring if it's mechanical vibrations. Or you can leave the TPS signal noisy and raise the TPSdot threshold above the noise.

-Alex
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

^^ What Alex said, I'd raise the threshold to at least 150. There is quite a bit of jitter in your TPS when you are holding the throttle open at cruise, often well over 100 V/s and you've got your accel threshold at 100. When the throttle is at rest it is much quieter, maybe a new TPS is in order? Also you had one sync loss in that log, right at your max boost point, probably responsible for the backire. Reason code was 68.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
turbotater
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by turbotater »

back in town and working on the car.
I enabled noise filtering and that has stopped the backfiring most of the time.
i am going to play with the noise filter curve as it did still backfire twice out of about ten power pulls.
I also changed the TPS threshold to 150 aand that helped but still have a problem so i will try another sensor tomorrow
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

TPS noise is still a big problem, but even bigger is the sync loss. The rpm drops to zero in the middle of a boost pull, that's just really bad. You have to figure that problem out and solve it for long term engine health.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!