Several issues!!!

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Meguiars
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Several issues!!!

Post by Meguiars »

Hi again, here i come with some stupid questions "Again" with my L28et, turbo Datsun.

I have made 2 tunes one with 2 squirts simult, and 2 squirts Alternating. On the 2 squirt simult. the WUE tuning is "Normal" after used Tune Analyze Live, but on 2 Squirt Alternating the walues goes to 100% all over the board after Tune analyze live. Why is that?

Im posting both of the .MSQ the one called "NR2" is simult. 2 squirts, / and Stock.MSQ is the one i would like to use.

I bought new injectors before i started, can someone give me the correct Dead time on 13.2V, see the picture added. its only 4 injectors there but this is a six cylinder, they just forgot to send me the last 2 injectors. (I got them now offcourse)

The picture wouldnt upload it was to big even tied to .ZIP it down. So im writing the values from the scheme here:

Volts: MS:

8 1.049
9 0.947
10 0.846
11 0.764
12 0.682
13 0.616
14 0.550
15 0.484
16 0.418

I tryed to switch the "stock.msq" from 2 squirts to 6 squirts alternate to check if the AFR went Lean or Rich, it went Lean directly and the motor died almost right away. It idles pretty good at 2 squirts alternate.

Im also posting my .Msl from startup today, there you can se that i also get "Lost sync error"

On the stock.msq i have tried to make two tables with Kp as switching point, Table 1 for cruising and Table 3 for Boost. Its not dynoed yet, but i wont to have all settings ready when i get to the tuner so they dont have to use alot of expensive time to make the settings correct. 1 Hour of tuning here in Norway is like 230-250$ and its not many over here that knows Megasquirt in and out. I do not want to be the one who pays for theyr education to learn MegaSquirt if you follw me.

The GM IAC is working pretty good, but the total closing step is 313, have i set the Cranking stepper settings correct? Im not sure i have..

And the last question (for now) im using ms 3.3.2 version, and the ASE Taper time is in Cycles, does this mean one cycle is one turn on the engine? I have seen some other .MSQ have seconds instead. If you count 100 cycles on idle lets say 750RPM how long time in seconds is that? Yeah i know Stupid is stupid does.

Thanx alot for all you guys that have plenty info on everything.

Does anyone want to make a Remote Tuning Live, and with that i mean i let you have acces to my laptop with 4G thrue internet, and i call over to you with a seperate phone while im in the car while driving. Like when you have live support from example Microsoft. That would be a funny test. I can even pay for the time been used, if you have the skills to do it then, not a garage tuner like me. ;-)

Regards

Stian S.
Stock.msq
NR2.msq
2014-11-25_09.00.06.zip
Meguiars
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Several issues!!!

Post by Meguiars »

Really, is there nobody that can answer atleast one of the questions??
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Well, I got kind of overwhelmed with the wide range of questions being presented. Just talking about the WUE, I think you made some kind of key-board error, loaded a different tune file than you intended or something like that. I don't think there is any way VEAL can change the WUE table. Keep in mind, too, that we are going into a holiday weekend here in the USA, some folks may not be visiting this forum too often right now; you might just have to be patient for a while. Also, I don't look at files unless they are posted here as simple attachments. If I have to unzip them, or go to another site to download, I lose interest in the thread. Make helping you as easy as possible for me (us?).
Meguiars
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Meguiars »

Thanx for the reply, i meant WUE wizard under the Tune analyze live menu. The Msq called stock.msq is alternating and the .msq called Nr2.msq that is the 2 squirt simultaniouse .msq map. They are not zipped on the first post.

So when i use WUE Wizzard it scales it down to 100% all over the wue curve, but on the Nr2.msq tune it doesnt.
The car runs with it like this also but could be better under warmup.

What aboute the Dead times, i wrote the values that i got from the shop that sold me those injectors. The values is in the first post, but what should it be at 13.2Voltage.

Volts: MS:

8V 1.049ms
9V 0.947ms
10V 0.846ms
11V 0.764ms
12V 0.682ms
13V 0.616ms
14V 0.550ms
15V 0.484ms
16V 0.418ms

Regards

Stian S.
Last edited by Meguiars on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

When running the different squirt strategys, does the ve table stay the same? Or are you just trying to tune wue using the same ve with each?

As far as 13.2 volts, subtract the 13 value from the the 14 value and divide by ten, that will give the .1 volt difference, then just add 2 of those to the 13 value
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
Meguiars
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Meguiars »

Well all i do with the WUE is that i turn on WUE wizzard when the car is cold in the morning and let the wizzard do it's job, i do not punching anything into the curves manualy.

And i read that one way to check the correct dead time is to for examle: 2 squirt aletrnate to six -6- squirt alternate on my 6 cyl. and then if the deadtime is correct the AFR stays the same on both 2 and 6 squirts. There is somewhere on this forum is says how to do it. I also dont change from alternate to simultanious in the same tune .msq then i know the VE would be diffrent values. that is why i made 2 tunes. but both are working.

I came up with dead time number at 13.2 Volt to 0.603ms, so is there things i should do with battery correction curve, should i measure he volt at the injectors with a multimeter and check what the volt values on the battery is. Is that what the curve is for?

Thanx
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

I just did a compare on those 2 tunes. 41 screens of differences, It only shows the first 12 but you definitely have different values in one AFR table vs the other.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
Meguiars
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Meguiars »

slow_hemi6 wrote:I just did a compare on those 2 tunes. 41 screens of differences, It only shows the first 12 but you definitely have different values in one AFR table vs the other.
Your probably right aboute that with the diffrernces, i only use 2 squirt alternating on the stock.msq, dont compare them to much since i dont make the same changes on both of the tunes everytime i make a change in the stock.msq.

For fun so did i change from the stock.msq to NR2.msq today, on that one the WUE Wizzard and settings in the curve seems normal, not flat 100% all over the board. So i will trye to tune the NR2.msq tune a little more. I have to see if i can get a stable idle with this tune. On the stock.msq tune its rock solid, but the whole tune seems unclean or atleast feels like it, the engine runs cleaner/smoother on the NR2.msq, but the Stock.Msq tune is much chrispier. On the other side the NR2.msq tune starts up the engine pretty well.

It looks like posting two msq is to distracting så i wil edit the post agin so that we only can stick to the Stock.msq or NR2.msq.

//SS