Used o2 sensor calibration

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

rustybottoms88
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Used o2 sensor calibration

Post by rustybottoms88 »

I bought a used LC-1 Innovate wideband o2 sensor. I am still a newb and in the early stages of my learning and I was wondering if I need to calibrate this used sensor? I have read up on how to calibrate via the LC-1 quick start guide but didn't know if that was for new sensors only .
"Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."
BigLou240sx
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Used o2 sensor calibration

Post by BigLou240sx »

When it doubt, run the calibration.

Innovate also recommends periodic calibration of a used sensor based on miles/usage
1990 Nissan 240sx / SOHC KA-T / DIYPNP
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

its always a good idea to calibrate the sensor regularly, especially if you are making tuning changes or are noticing any changed engine behavior. the time it takes to calibrate might be the difference between repairing a broken engine, or changing a tune because the sensor went bad.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
rustybottoms88
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by rustybottoms88 »

Thank u for the advise I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.
"Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."