won't make power RX7 13b turbo

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

slattery_caleb
Helpful MS/Extra'er

won't make power RX7 13b turbo

Post by slattery_caleb »

Im not quite sure where to start, I'm not sure if its getting to much spark advance, or the or i have a problem with the ignition and the spark is quite weak, but when i start to try and make a bit of power and get the boost over 0 psi, it feels like the ignition is breaking down, popping in the exhaust and making no power.

I have had a small play with the dwell and the batt V compensation first changing it from 3.6 to 4 then to 4.5, this did seem to help a bit but not much, the ignitor got quite hot so i will drop it back.

I have attached a log file and my current msq if anyone has time and is able to help out

thanks

Caleb
Mazda FD RX7 13b-REW
MS3X
Garrett GT35
arran
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: won't make power RX7 13b turbo

Post by arran »

Your main fuel table needs a lot of smoothing in my opinion. There is the obvious hole at 3000 that is probably just you experimenting.
The msl looks like the afr is going so rich it pegs your afr sensor,
Time = 685966 it flat lines at 10.5
Time = 685999 it flat lines at 10.5.

Try taking quite a lot of fuel out of it, carefully
Also you have afr/ego control enabled. As per the tool tip make the rpm/map axis the same as the fuel table. I'd disable the feature until you get the afr in ball park.

What are you using for a CAS? It isn't the stock nippondenso 24/2.
RX7 Series 2 13B Turbo. Megasquirt 3 with 3X Expander and V3 CPU. Firmware 1.4.1
Knock module, twin EGT, real time clock, WBO2, full sequential fuel and spark
http://web.aanet.com.au/arran
slattery_caleb
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: won't make power RX7 13b turbo

Post by slattery_caleb »

Ok thanks Aaran, that was my original thought, so I leaned the area out in the AFR map to let the auto tune do its job but not much improvement happened, do you think there maybe to much fuel for it to deal with.

Il try try taking the fuel out manually, and also disable the AFR ego control, I probably wouldn't require it anyway would I as this is a pure circuit car.

The CAS is a full function engineering 36-1, it works a treat.

Cheers caleb
Mazda FD RX7 13b-REW
MS3X
Garrett GT35