autotune feature help needed

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sanctfy
MS/Extra Newbie

autotune feature help needed

Post by sanctfy »

So i have a ms3 pro on my is300. ive gotten it running a couple times but keep runnning into issues. One main thing is i cant seem to get autotune to adjust anything. I start it but it wont correct anything. The correcting button is blinking but nothing is changing. Also the buttons for adjusting the map manually are not lit up aka wont let me touch them. Yes, im a newb tuner. I had it running with crap idle and found out my ecv valve had a hose popped off. Havent got it running since or id attach a datalog even though I i dont think it applies here.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: autotune feature help needed

Post by Matt Cramer »

:msq:

Even if it's not starting, a data log of a failed attempted start could be helpful.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
sanctfy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sanctfy »

well i have a datalog but it wont upload....so how do i upload? it was 26mb then i compressed it down to 4mb and it said had to be under 7mib then get it to 2mb and it says it has to be under 1mib??? it keeps changing....its about a 3-4 min log. am i suppose to use a external hosting site or something?

also why is megalog viewer trying to charge me? i paid $70 bucks to upgrade so i can use the autotune and datalogger but i cant view it without paying more money?
Last edited by sanctfy on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanctfy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sanctfy »

ok, is300 2jzge 1000cc inj,boost, gte internals, upgraded valve springs. i just noticed a calibrating o2 yellow highlighted by the active filter. Is that why its not tuning? my wue autotune seems to be working somewhat. my afr is at 10 at wue but everytime i try to lean it out it changes it back. fuel tables after wue dont change though. how do i clear that calibrating o2 filter? i have 4 o2 sensors. 2 are pre cat 2 are post cat. 2 post cat are not in.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

That is a special purpose log for diagnosing RPM issues. Can you attach a regular data log and a copy of your tune file?

On an MS3-Pro, you should be able to use the serial number as a coupon for registering both TunerStudio and MegaLogViewer. If the MLV registration is not working, please post in the MegaLogViewer forum.
sanctfy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sanctfy »

Ok, thank you! So a regular log should upload better? Is this the right one that I'm uploading? Just change the log type to engine then? If not i dont know how to change it.

I discovered why it wasnt autotuning. My o2 wasnt hooked up. I got a pnp harness and assumed it was hooked up to my oem narrowband sensors. Bad call on my part. It is now hooked up to my wideband zeitronix zt2.

The afr on tunerstudios is reading wierd. Bouncing from 17 afr to 12 afr and its trying to tune my car to 11 afr at idle and 8 at boost. I leaned my afr map out to 16 and its doing better and will run goooood but still rich 10. when i can keep it out of the 9+'s it does great. Thank you very much for your help!
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Please see the Forum Help Page for instructions on how to take and upload a regular datalog.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
sanctfy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sanctfy »

ok, lets try this again. I've looked at the forum help page to try the upload before. It would be nice if it specified that the lower datalogging tab isnt the same. I'm hoping the difference is that i go to the tab at the top instead of the datalogging tab down by the ve analyze tab? the 2j is wasted spark btw and 6 cyl...
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Try going to Tools -> Calibrate AFR Table and resend the calibration data for your Zeitronix.
sanctfy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sanctfy »

Sorry, I guess my wiring diagram for the wideband was wrong so now the wideband is working properly and tuning is going much better.

Idle is saying its rich and every once in a while if i come off it hard to a stop it will die. above 4k i have some stuttering. could just need to smooth things out but my afr gauge seems decent as far as afrs. i need to work on start too. its off now. i have to give it pedal to start. or turn it over a bit wait a sec then it will start up. so need more cranking pw? or priming?

Also my rev limit is still at stock 6300? I've changed it in the tune. I ended up getting a pnp harness so perhaps i have to hook something up to tach or clutch to make the rev/2 step work?

Thank you guys for the patience. This megasquirt has some features that got me excited but the help support seems to be hard to come by or not a lot of pages pop up when you google search issues. I think this forum is about it.

Anybody have a clue when i should be building boost? seems i hit power at 3200. I thought it used to spool a little sooner. 2jzge with gte pistons. Turbo is driftmotion 60-1 .59ar. and is there a way to spool sooner? I know anti lag but im not that hardcore to destroy my junk. Not a drag racer just a drifter.