Boost control initial, would you take a look?

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Uglydog56
MS/Extra Newbie

Boost control initial, would you take a look?

Post by Uglydog56 »

I am not completely sure what I'm doing with respect to setting up boost control. Would you guys take a look at it and see if I'm understanding the instructions properly? I'm trying to get around 10 psi, which should be 170ish kpa? All in by about 2000rpm. Please give me pointers.
Uglydog56
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Boost control initial, would you take a look?

Post by Uglydog56 »

Oh, I have a MS3X 3.5.7 on firmware 1.3.4. Sorry.
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

Is your motor combination capable of 10 psi by 2000 rpm? Unless its a diesel the turbine is undersized if so.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
Uglydog56
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Uglydog56 »

The turbo is small. This is my tow rig, on a 5.2L small block chevy with stock tpi. It goes down the highway at around 2000rpm @ 70 in over, and the transmission shifts down about 3500rpm. A tpi is usually out of breath by about 4500. So that's what I was configuring for,2-4500. It is small, a 62-1 with a .63 hotside. I'm trying to make a gas motor run like a diesel, I guess. I'm hoping the turbo will come up enough in over that I won't have to shift down to direct on long grades, just mountains.
Uglydog56
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Uglydog56 »

You were right, the turbo is too small. It chokes the engine on top, even with a 4800 redline, and overloads my wastegate. I'm going to try a bigger hotside housing and see if that will help.